We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amelia Hotel or Elizabeth Pointe Lodge

Which Fernandina Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beverly...
Amelia Hotel or Elizabeth Pointe Lodge

My husband I are escaping for a kid free 5 days. Both the Amelia Hotel and Elizabeth Pointe look great - but the Elizabeth Pointe is more expensive. Is it worth the extra $500 we are going to spend?

Virginia
1. Re: Amelia Hotel or Elizabeth Pointe Lodge

Two completely different establishments. I assume you mean the Amelia Hotel and Suites at the east end of Sadler Road. That's a "hampton inn" style motel/hotel. The Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is a B&B and a very nice one at that. All depends on how much you want to spend and how much individualized attention you want the EP Lodge is on the beach while the Amelia Hotel and Suites is across the road from the beach.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
2. Re: Amelia Hotel or Elizabeth Pointe Lodge

Mom -Spring for Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, you'll be gald you did!

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
reviews: 116
3. Re: Amelia Hotel or Elizabeth Pointe Lodge

As others wrote, all depends on what you are looking for as $500 difference or $100/day is not to be treated lightly. EPL is a B&B directly on the ocean. AH is across the street. Since AH is on Sadler Road, you are within short walking distance to some "chain" restaurants such as Shoney's, Cedar River Seafood, Dairy Queen.

EPL is located about a mile north of AH next to the Main Beach area and half-block from Ft. Clinch State Park. Top notch B&B and I have never heard a bad word from anyone that has stayed there.

If the $$ wasn't a big deal, I would say EPL.

4. Re: Amelia Hotel or Elizabeth Pointe Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fernandina Beach