We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some general advice if you will....

Which Duck Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
reviews: 6
Some general advice if you will....

I will be coming over to the Keys for the 1st time in june, staying at Hawks Cay Resort and would like some advice.

Whilst I realise there are some lovely restaurants on the resort are there any others around and if so is it easy to gets taxis to and from the resort?

Also, I expect we (I) will be driving further down south and wondered if it easy to park there?

Many thanks.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 81
1. Re: Some general advice if you will....

Can't help you with the taxi info but you are about 10 miles from Marathon and about 15 or more from Islamorada. There are good restaurants in both locations. Sparky's Landing, Keys Fisheries, Burdines in Marathon, Islamorada Fish Co, Lor e Lei, Morada Bay in Islamorada just to name a few. For parking I assume you mean Key West. If you get there in the early am parking is usually available at Mallory Square, Later in the day the lot may get full. There are a couple other lots nearby or there is some street parking (park at your own risk on the streets as cars the streets are narrow and cars get damaged easily)

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 42
2. Re: Some general advice if you will....

We park in lots just east of Sloppy Joes restaurant. Only have to walk a few blocks to get to things, but then Key West is about walking, so enjoy!

Bristol
reviews: 6
3. Re: Some general advice if you will....

Thanks folks

LA
reviews: 21
4. Re: Some general advice if you will....

Morada Bay Cafe is awesome. We ate there twice last June. About a 20-30 minute drive from Duck Key in Islamorada.

5. Re: Some general advice if you will....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Duck Key