We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swoop party boat

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berryville, Arkansas
Swoop party boat

I'm torn on what to do. I had made reservation for a 8 hr fishing trip for today on Tuesday. I provided them with my phone, credit card ect. Mind you I had to call several times to make my reservation because of a rude attendant, but all the reviews made me over look this. I show up this morning bright and early at the dock, to find the woman in the small building on the phone with all the windows down, and avoiding eye contact. Ok whatever sit down on the picnic tables, no hurry I see the boat we appear to be the first people here. There is a man working on a reel on the boat. We wait, and wait, I go into a little shop next door. When I come out I look in the building.. She's still on the phone. Ugg. Walk over to my husband and the man from the boat is talking to him. Come to find out a low pressure system has some large waves and the trip has been canceled!!! Ok he apologizes and says he thought everyone had been called last night. Nope no call. So he is super nice and shows us that it appears the water will be better tomorrow, and suggest we sigh up for the6 hr trip on Friday. Ok. Look into the building she is still on the phone. I say something about her being on the phone he goes over gets her to open a window and leaves me with her. I walk up to the window. No hello, no how can I help you, heck she didn't even hang up the phone just stared at me. So I say I would like to reschedule for tomm. Her response " it will be the same as today". REALLY???

Berryville, Arkansas
1. Re: Swoop party boat

Ok so a quick update.... Went back this morning and same woman was working, was she friendly no, but she did do her job. Went on a great fishing trip with some great crew, Oz was great and took my husband at his word when he said he wanted to catch a shark!!! Yep got one on the line and helped him get it reeled in for some great pictures!! I would recommend swoop fishing to anyone!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
reviews: 5
2. Re: Swoop party boat

I'm so glad you got to go on the trip. The was a pretty shaky beginning. Can't believe that you weren't called the first time.

U.S.
reviews: 11
3. Re: Swoop party boat

My husband took our son on a half-day on one of the SWOOP.

In our case, before high season hit, they didn't have enough booked on the boat to break even, and cancelled. They re-booked for that Friday, when there was pretty sure to be enough passengers, and all went well. Thank goodness, we had happened to stop by, so we were able to be informed as to what was taking place!

YES, I think they do need to get somebody else, or sign this person up for some Customer Service training!

However, just to make anyone else aware, I think that perhaps during slower seasons, they take the terms 'laid back', and 'go with the flow' to a whole different level!!!!!

4. Re: Swoop party boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 23, 2014