We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destin cancelled :(

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
minnesota
reviews: 11
Destin cancelled :(

We've booked a lake cabin at a resort right here in lovely northern MN, land of 10,000 lakes! lol

Since we had no condos, or hotels already booked in Destin, we just decided to make it another time. Just way too far to drive.

I know we would have had a wonderful time had we gone even if it rains. We've gone many places and always get rain of course. It's just that the main reason we were coming to Destin was for the "great beaches". If it continues to rain, and then you get ugly runoff that turns your ocean water brown as I've read, well, just seemed to us that we'll go when a tropical storm just hasn't passed through! lol

Thank you kind people for your suggestions. I'm still going to keep reading this travel board to keep condo suggestions and reviews handy. Maybe next summer we'll get down there. If not, soon! :) MN is getting the 90 degree weather back this week so we're thrilled to have "lake weather" before school starts. One last blast!

U.S.
reviews: 11
1. Re: Destin cancelled :(

Ohhhhh...... sorry you won't make it to Destin right away.

Just remember, it will still be there when a better opportunity comes up.

This area, and those beautiful beaches (under better conditions) are worth it!!!

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
reviews: 2
2. Re: Destin cancelled :(

Nice cabin in the woods sounds great. Way back when, I spent my summers in Hackensack MN off Webb Lake working my aunt and uncle small resort. Just make sure you come visit us soon in Destin.

3. Re: Destin cancelled :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 20, 2014