We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta,GA.
reviews: 122
Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

Someone earlier said they were opening one and I wondered if anyone has tried it?

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
reviews: 2
1. Re: Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

As of last week not yet. They are still saying next week. Probably having problems waiting on the contractor to do the work. Will let you know player this week. Planning on going g to watch the Stanley Cup on Wednesday

MO
reviews: 6
2. Re: Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

MBL, congrats on the Hawks getting into the Stanley Cup.

Atlanta,GA.
3. Re: Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

I actually called just a little while ago and the person that answered the phone said they had a new menu out on Wed. with seafood on it, but didn't mention an oyster bar even when I asked about one.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
4. Re: Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

RJSTL Thanks - I have spent way too much time at OQuigleys lately. Hopefully in a week or so you can congrat me on having them WIN the Cup.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
5. Re: Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

Went Wednesday night - Oyster Bar is open - Wednesday was their soft opening. The new name is O'Quigleys Seafood Steamer and Oyster Sports Bar. New menu had a lot of fresh fish options - the Catch of the Day fish sandwich was great - The Blue Crab Poor Boy looked wonderful and filled with more crab than I could imagine - plus thankfully they kept a lot of their old favorites like the Twisted O'Quigley.

Atlanta,GA.
6. Re: Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

Thanks, we will have to try it next week.

Destin, Florida
7. Re: Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

Thanks Miramar Beach Lover... We want to serve the very best seafood in a "Flip Flop" atmosphere. The feed back has been outstanding... Thanks to all the supporters as we continue our transition to seafood, sports, and dinner house.

Cheers,

Charlie

Owner, O'Quigley's Seafood Steamer & Oyster Sports Bar

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
reviews: 3
8. Re: Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

Went last week with family in town (saw MBL sitting at the bar when I left) and have to say that I was disappointed.... They sat us in the back (9 of us including kids) which would have been okay, but I specifically asked if the a/c was working in that portion of the restaurant. The reply was they just turned it on. Don't think so??? Our server was new I think and kind of timid, but at least she tried. It seemed like out of sight, out of mind, so we were forgotten in the back. When the food finally came out, it was pretty good, but one of the entrees was forgotten (mine of course). They did finally get my food out, but the manager on duty never came by to apologize or seemed to care if we were there.

I'll give them another chance, but never again in the heat in the back room...

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
9. Re: Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

You want good food AND ac? Typical demanding locals...MBL was probably hogging all of the ac in the building.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
10. Re: Did Jonny O'Quigley's oyster bar open?

Hey Mr MBL is an ac guy - we need our ac.