We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Hotel in Destin

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KY
Affordable Hotel in Destin

I am looking for an affordable hotel in or around Destin. Preferably on the beach. It is for a family of three with a teen-age son. We really want it to have a kitchen or kitchenette. $100-$130 a night approximately....for 4 days to a week. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

J

Forney, TX
1. Re: Affordable Hotel in Destin

Here's a link to the community map that will give you an idea of what's out there.

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/2872

If you plan on staying beach front, prepare to pay. You may also want to look in Ft. Walton.

KY
2. Re: Affordable Hotel in Destin

Thank you so much for that information! Do you know if any of those hotels have a room with kitchen? Thank you

KY
3. Re: Affordable Hotel in Destin

What do you think of the Hampton Inn or the Sea Oats Motel?

Benton, Arkansas
reviews: 4
4. Re: Affordable Hotel in Destin

You may have to go with a condo to get the kitchen and location. But, the price may be hard to come by too for any place that sits on the beach. We usually stay at the cheaper condos during August and it still runs us mid-$200's a night.

Louisville
reviews: 1
5. Re: Affordable Hotel in Destin

babyj

Go to some of the rental companies in Destin (they all have websites, just Google "destin condos" or "destin rentals", etc).

We use Dale E. Peterson (www.destinresorts.com) every year.

I can tell you that you probably aren't going to find a place "on" the beach for $130/night. But, you can stay "across the street" from the beach for that price.

A good example is the Grand Carribean on Scenic 98. We've stayed there many times in the past. It's not fancy, but it is clean, convenient, well-kept and a very short walk (50 yards maybe?) to the beach across a 2 lane road. Like I said, we kept going back every year.

The 1 BR units have bunk beds built into the hallway, so there are plenty of beds. They have kitchens, washer dryers, etc. and the pool is right outside the patio doors.

I just checked their website and a 1BR at Grand Carribean is $1094 for 7 nights during peak summer rates. If you wait until August, it's only $726/week.

So, do some trolling on some websites. You'll find something that will fit the bill.

Louisville
6. Re: Affordable Hotel in Destin

Also meant to mention:

Don't know much about the Hampton Inn. By the map it appears to be across the street from the Back Porch, which is a popular (but mediocre) restaurant on the beach.

And I've driven by the Sea Oats many times. Appears to be a nice place.

Good luck

Benton, Arkansas
7. Re: Affordable Hotel in Destin

When we used to stay across the street from the beach we stayed at Gulfview, Nantucket Rainbow Cottages, and the Grand Carribean. All of these units are under $200 per night during peak season. And all are on Scenic 98 which is easily crossable to get to the beach on the other side! I did not have a view from the Cottages or the Grand Carribean. But, Gulfview did offer some rooms with views and I requested and received one! They are a little older units, but, the one we stayed in was very nice. Full kitchen and hall bunks. Detsin just does not have too many "hotel" options close to the water. There are a few, but, they too may be more than you are looking to spend. And, they may not have the kitchen.

Benton, Arkansas
8. Re: Affordable Hotel in Destin

Oh yeah... we book through www.resortquest.com (formerly abbott resorts) so there is one more place to add to your list to look at...

Destin, Florida
9. Re: Affordable Hotel in Destin

Sea Oates Hotel is cute. i know they have kitchenettes. Not sure, but I don't think the Hampton Inn does. Sea Oates is beachfront, Hampton Inn isn't.

KY
10. Re: Affordable Hotel in Destin

Has anyone stayed at the Sea Oats? Can you tell me anything about it? Thank you all for your information! I really appreciate it!