We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Destin

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pierre, SD
reviews: 5
1st time to Destin

My husband and I are heading to Destin next week and staying at the Beachside Inn. I haven't seen many recent postings on TA about it but this was a last minute trip and we wanted something close to the beach without spending a fortune. Has anyone been there recently? We love small shops and unique shopping experiences especially if the weather is not good. Where is a good place to do this kind of shopping? What is a good day trip if the weather isn't good for enjoying the beach? Thanks for any advice you can give!

Colmar, Pennsylvania
reviews: 2
1. Re: 1st time to Destin

Perhaps a trip to Seaside on Route 30A, east of Destin. Lots of little shops.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
2. Re: 1st time to Destin

It's a nice place with a good location. Has a coffee shop with outside seating and Camille's restaurant upstairs.

It has easy access to the beach right across the street. There is also a place to rent scooters next to the coffee shop. There is a nice wide sidewalk with many people out walking in the mornings. Enjoy your stay.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
3. Re: 1st time to Destin

Try Banana Barts in Destin for a unique shopping experience. Been along the harbor for a very long time - just filled up with so much stuff. Or Grayton corners on 30A and 283 in Grayton Beach

Springfield, IL
reviews: 34
4. Re: 1st time to Destin

We stayed there for a week in 2010 and it was fine. Chose it because of location to the beach (across the street) and because we had a small dog at that time (at that time 4 rooms were pet friendly). Bed was comfy and room was very clean. Loved the size of the bathroom. Wish it would have had a love seat or chair to relax in. We had a room at the opposite end from the restaurant so there would be less noise. Be aware - the parking lot fills up in the evening because that's the same lot restaurant patrons use.

Pierre, SD
5. Re: 1st time to Destin

Thank you all for your replies. We can't wait to go and only hope the weather is sunny and fairly warm. Any place is warm compared to South Dakota!

Alabama
reviews: 37
6. Re: 1st time to Destin

I stayed one night last year. It was fine for a room with a bath, but I'd rather been in a condo. We had two beds and a little table with two wooden chairs, so no place to be comfortable for reading or watching TV (except the bed). The vanity area had a pocket door, so that was nice. One corner held the fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There's a shop called Retail Therapy down on 30A. A friend has paintings in there....a little bit of everything in there, I think.

7. Re: 1st time to Destin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 27, 2014