We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disgusting Spring Breakers!

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
reviews: 2
Disgusting Spring Breakers!

Check out a picture and news story below showing the deplorable condition our visiting college Spring Breakers left the beach in!!!

http://bit.ly/WtrbT2

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

And they wonder why we don't want them staying in Destin???

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
reviews: 5
1. Re: Disgusting Spring Breakers!

Disgusting is right! So sad...

mississippi
reviews: 23
2. Re: Disgusting Spring Breakers!

This is so sickening. What kind of people can't even be bothered to pick up after themselves? I hope their parents are so proud of they way they raised their kids.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
3. Re: Disgusting Spring Breakers!

"No, not my kids. Those other parents' kids!" Many of those Facebook comments make about as much sense.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
4. Re: Disgusting Spring Breakers!

Possible solution for the sheriff's department:

"Good afternoon ladies, gentlemen. What I see here might be considered by some as littering. I'm going to walk down the beach a few yards and talk to some other folks, then be back here in a few minutes. Any questions?"

Virginia
5. Re: Disgusting Spring Breakers!

That is horrible. It reminds me of how I feel walking out on the balcony in the morning and seeing all of the canopies that were left up on the beach over night.

Boston...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Disgusting Spring Breakers!

Maybe Destin should check out how Ft. Lauderdale got rid of their spring break problem, and follow their example

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
7. Re: Disgusting Spring Breakers!

I spent 9 hours yesterday cleaning a condo that usually takes 2 hours to do thanks to spring g breakers. They also broke a table chair and I had to throw out a 5x8 rug due to the mess. Smelled like stale beer as soon as I entered. Some spring breakers sold the owners a story that they were the good ones being punished by the reputation of the bad ones. The owners said no more spring breakers

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 31
8. Re: Disgusting Spring Breakers!

We look forward to coming down every year for Spring Break, we are coming in less than 2 weeks. The families that I know that are coming down have kids ranging in age from little kids to big kids and every where in between.. My point being that not everyone that enjoys coming to Spring Break is a bunch of ill behaved idiots :o) See ya'll in a couple of weeks!

Atlanta,GA.
reviews: 101
9. Re: Disgusting Spring Breakers!

Those photos were terrible. My daughter did go to Destin on spring break and each and everyone of her group was threatened within an inch of their lives about appropriate behavior prior to departure. They were all 21 and over. The condo owner was very careful about who they rented to and everyone had to present DL copies and proof they were in college. I am happy to report that everything went well and the condo was left clean with nothing broken although I did text her when I read the above message. She knew exactly what condo it was and stated that those kids even had the police called on them. I guess my point is that some children were raised properly and although mine aren't angels by any stretch, they would never destroy property or leave trash on a beach as the beach is and always has been their favorite place in the world to be. Not all college kids are hoodlums.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
10. Re: Disgusting Spring Breakers!

Peaches - you are right - not all college kids are hoodlums (I was lucky to have a son that was and is respectful of others and their property) but how do you tell the difference over a few phone calls or internet exchanges - DL license and proof they are in college doesn't cover it. Threats don't work either. I personally spoke to these guys on their arrival and it didn't seem to matter to them in the end. They said all the right things until the door closed behind me.