We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renourishment project - townhome effected?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, Oklahoma
reviews: 2
Renourishment project - townhome effected?

We will be staying at Green Reef Townhomes in Destin the week of May 27 - June 3, 2006. Will the renourishment project be this far by then or past it? Also, if it is right at our location that week, how much of a problem is this for beach access and noise?

Destin, Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: Renourishment project - townhome effected?

Maggie, you may be in the middle of it. It is hard to say. I definitely will not be past there on those dates.

There are a lot of beach accesses in the Crystal Beach Area. I don't know about the noise.

Destin, Florida
2. Re: Renourishment project - townhome effected?

Maggie, you may be in the middle of it. It is hard to say. I definitely will not be past there on those dates.

There are a lot of beach accesses in the Crystal Beach Area. I don't know about the noise.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
3. Re: Renourishment project - townhome effected?

I have heard about a court ruling recently that may halt the renourishment project, any truth to that?

Destin, Florida
4. Re: Renourishment project - townhome effected?

The court ruling was for the three homes in Walton County that did not want sand placed in front of their home.

In laymens terms, and the jest of the decision was the judge ruled that the three homeowners do not have to accept sand behind their homes.

We don't know what else will happen.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5. Re: Renourishment project - townhome effected?

Thanks for your help. I will check back right before we leave to see where the project is operating. I understand the need for restoring the beaches, but would rather not have to deal with it right in front of our condo while we are there.