We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to go Deep Sea Fishing, what charter?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 1
Looking to go Deep Sea Fishing, what charter?

First of all there is only two of us and we're only looking to go out 4-8 hours.

There are so many to choose from if you Google search for them...

I'd rather ask you, the people who live there or have used one of these services.

I know there are boats that take out LOTS of people, and while that would be ok, if there are boats that take out like 20 people, I think we'd like that better.

We do want to catch something we can eat too :)

fancylu
reviews: 8
1. Re: Looking to go Deep Sea Fishing, what charter?

My husband and I took an 8-hour fishing trip on the Anastasia with Captain Tony Davis a few years ago and and loved it! We caught the most fish ( and the biggest) we've ever caught deep-sea fishing. We are planning to go fishing again this Sunday (the 9th) out of Destin and will request him through Harborwalk Charters.

Kansas City...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Looking to go Deep Sea Fishing, what charter?

Not a fan of the big party boats...ring the bell - drop your line...rign the bell-pull up your line. Not for me. We usually book with Olin Marler, but have gone with Harborwalk (Perfect Shot) before too. Both charter companies offer private charter (what we do), or shared charters where you'll only have a few (like 2 or 4) more people with you.

If you want to really fish, I'd go with either a private or shared charter - depends on your budget and what they have available. On a 4 hour trip, you'll likely troll (mostly Mackerel - yuk). On a 6 or more hour trip, you should be able to bottom fish and troll out and back - better fish in my opinion.

Either way, you know what they say...a bad day fishing is better than a good day at [fill in the blank}. LOL

Martinez, GA
3. Re: Looking to go Deep Sea Fishing, what charter?

My wife and I will be in the Destin area 9/15 thru 9/21. We don't like the party boats either and were looking to share a private charter with a few others, preferable for a total of 6. We went out of Panama City last year, caught lots of amberjack. Fun to catch but wasn't really good eating, We hope to find a small group, fish for 8 ~ 10 hours and catch good eating fish. Anyone interested??? Pete, Martinez, GA- pladosmisc@knology.net

4. Re: Looking to go Deep Sea Fishing, what charter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 24, 2013