We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald Grande

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
reviews: 17
Emerald Grande

What is with the "Wyndham Emerald Grande"...its appears to be a beautiful place but with so many mixed reviews. Going there soon and wondering if I should stay elsewhere. And whats with the taxi boat, so, so many complaints about this, why don't they have more that run that area? I also did call to confirm and was put on hold for 10 minutes from a not so friendly staff, what is up with that?

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
1. Re: Emerald Grande

Since you are coming soon - I doubt if it will be as busy as it has been this summer - things are already slowing down. The location is great for restaurants and bars - shops. The view should be spectacular. You will have to take the shuttle boat to a nice beach on Norreigo Point which is right across the harbor from Emerald Grande. As far as staffing problems - sorry - don't know about that.

Minnesota
2. Re: Emerald Grande

I hope you are right. I have two teenage daughters so we want to do some really fun stuff. I don't want to have to worry about trivial things. I am a photographer..do you know of any great places to go? I am going to make

my own conclusion whether its going to be a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Indiana
reviews: 13
3. Re: Emerald Grande

We were thinking about staying there but the idea of having to wait and take a boat back and forth to the beach was a killer point. Decided to stay at Waterview Towers on Holiday Isle instead.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
4. Re: Emerald Grande

The view from the Emerald Grande will be one heck of a picture.

Minnesota
5. Re: Emerald Grande

We cant wait. We are flying in from Panama City. Wondering if anyone knows of any great things to do or see in Panama or Ft Walton Beach. We have never been to the area?

Kansas City...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Emerald Grande

Emerald Grand always looks nice, but I prefer a beach at my door and don't care for the noise in the harbor area...especially this week during Boat Week. :)

Minnesota
7. Re: Emerald Grande

I as well, but we are trying something a little different this time around, hopefully we wont be disappointed. I just hope for the money we are paying to stay here we will be happy. I am a photographer and I am always looking for that perfect pic

Edited: 5:09 pm, August 07, 2012
Indiana
reviews: 13
8. Re: Emerald Grande

There are pleanty of condos on Holiday Isle with better views of the gulf and harbor at a much cheaper rate than the Emerald Grand. To me East Pass Towers and Waterview Towers have the best views.

Midwest
reviews: 37
9. Re: Emerald Grande

Everybody has their own opinion.... But with the 2 teenaged girls, I think Emerald Grande will be a great choice for something a little different. And you'll have plenty to photograph, besides just the beach (which is awesome, but you'll have so many neat options around Harborwalk).

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 31
10. Re: Emerald Grande

Sounds like a good photo opportunity for you Kim! I hope it is really nice. My friends stayed there at Spring Break but didn't really say much, of course we were always surrounded by a ton of kids! Have fun, and make sure you give a trip report when you get home!