We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conditions

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
reviews: 2
Conditions

I will be going to the Jetty East in late March. Can anyone fill me in with what is the progress of that condominium. I am interested in finding out about the pool and beaches.

reviews: 5
1. Re: Conditions

Here is their telephone number:

850-837-2141 ofc

850-654-3741 fax

St. Louis
2. Re: Conditions

Thanks for your response, but I was really interested in an objective review from someone who was recently there or lives in the area. I heard that they took the brunt of the damage. I am not sure that the management company wants to lose any buisness.

St. Louis
3. Re: Conditions

I am still hoping that someone knows something about the condition of the Jetty East. The office tells me that everything will be ok by spring break. I just want to make sure that this is not just wishfull thinking. I would appreciate any information. Thanks

4. Re: Conditions

Why don't you go to their website and read the letter they wrote. Seems to be very honest to me.

jetty-east.com

texas
reviews: 6
5. Re: Conditions

i think you're probably overworrying! the hurricane didn't hit in destin! the local hotels are being very, perfectly honest about their condition- they don't want a "double backlash" of trouble by dissatisfied guests. i will go over there and look at the condo for you.

St. Louis
6. Re: Conditions

Thanks for the replys. I appreciate the help.

Atlanta, GA
7. Re: Conditions

This is my first post to this very informative website. I also had the same concerns expressed by beachman, but I took a chance based on the information I found on here, Jetty East, and on other sites as well. I have been to Jetty East with my family going on six years now and I trust the people at Jetty East to tell the truth about the conditions at the property. I agree also that they would not make statements about the conditions that are exaggerated because that would only come back to haunt them when loyal guests decide to stay elsewhere next year because of the false statements during the renovation.

Nevertheless I would also like to know exaclty what the place looks like now, because I made reservations last weekend for July 16-23!

Thanks to yppub for all the information you have posted, it has been very helpfull!!!

texas
reviews: 6
8. Re: Conditions

i went to the jetty east- you concerns were warranted. the pool is not functional, looks like they are rehabbing a gazebo type area around it and replacing fencing. the actual condo looks fine- but the pool is nowhere near ready. lots of cars in the parking lot- the bottom floor is parking, so probably no damage to the units. i still would recommend having alternative reservations in case you're not satisfied with the accomodations.

Atlanta, GA
9. Re: Conditions

Thanks Ted for your information on Jetty East. Must have been a long drive from Texas just to look at the Jetty!! Just kidding.

Did you by chance notice the landscaping around the Jetty?

Grass, palm trees, etc. How about the beach access walkways?

I guess what I'm asking is how does the place look other than the pool, does it look like a construction site or is the progress pretty good with respect to the property?

10. Re: Conditions

PLEASE go to their website and read their letter. I tells that the pool is not working and gives realistic dates for any and all repairs. I am telling you, they are not sugar coating anything. Their letter is on their home page.