We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Grocery Store

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Favorite Grocery Store

Where do you recommend I buy groceries when I arrive to stock condo for the week? Feeding 5 teens so looking for good prices and hopefully a nice bakery/deli to get some rolls/prepared salads/ lunch meats. What is near Maravilla?

Nashville, Tennessee
1. Re: Favorite Grocery Store

Publix is the closest and nicest.

I have marked it on the interactive map.

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/2872

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
2. Re: Favorite Grocery Store

I also like Sam's

Valparaiso, Florida
3. Re: Favorite Grocery Store

Stop at the Winn-Dixie in Niceville/Bluewater Bay before you hit the Mid-Bay Bridge to Destin for the basics. The prices are better and the meat is better. The ribs at the Winn-Dixie deli are really good. Anything you don't find there, you'll find at Publix (on the right as soon as you cross the Mid-Bay Bridge). For produce and specialty stuff, the Destin Publix is the best. It's always jammed in the summer with people getting stuff for their rental condos, though, so you will save both time and money if you stop in Niceville. Publix also has a good deli with fried chicken, hot wings, Boar's Head lunchmeats and a big bakery.

Nashville, Tennessee
4. Re: Favorite Grocery Store

Sams is WAY on the other side of Ft. Walton.

The meat is much better at Publix than it is in Winn Dixie and the produce is fresher.

And the Winn Dixie has that peculiar ODOR in their stores!!

Valparaiso, Florida
5. Re: Favorite Grocery Store

Have you been to the one I mentioned? I was just there an hour ago and there was no odor, lol. I disagree about the meat, although it's not a big difference.

Nashville, Tennessee
6. Re: Favorite Grocery Store

Yes, I have been to that one. I think it is the cleaning products they use that stink so much. It is offensive to me.

Frisco (Dallas), TX
reviews: 11
7. Re: Favorite Grocery Store

We just go to Winn Dixie in Miramar Beach. The store is pretty old but it is fine. We also buy a lot from the Dollar General next door.

St. Louis, Mo.
8. Re: Favorite Grocery Store

Going to Destin when I was a kid I remember when there was only one good-sized grocery store. I think it was called Delchamps or somthing like that....

Nashville, Tennessee
9. Re: Favorite Grocery Store

Long gone!

St. Louis, Mo.
10. Re: Favorite Grocery Store

Is there still a grocery store in the building though? Right at 98 and the entrance to Holiday Isle (by the Destin water tower...) It's probably a Wings by now!