We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Beach chair rentals

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Piedmont, Oklahoma
Cost of Beach chair rentals

Hi everyone! We will be coming to Destin this weekend and driving from Oklahoma and will be packed down with a family of 5. I was not really wanting to pack beach chairs due to no room in the car. Can anyone tell me how much it cost to rent beach chairs with umbrella on the beach? If its not too costly I would rather just rent instead of having to pack chairs. Thanks for any info. Can't wait to get to Destin this is our first trip.

Piedmont, Oklahoma
1. Re: Cost of Beach chair rentals

I forgot to mention we will be staying in the crystal beach area. Thanks again.

Arkansas
2. Re: Cost of Beach chair rentals

Generally between 20-30 dollars. For 1 umbrela 2 chairs per day. some of the guys wil cut you a deal if you rent a week at a time.

Tennessee
3. Re: Cost of Beach chair rentals

We have paid anywhere from $20-$30 / day for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella + tip in Crystal Beach area.

Juneau AK
reviews: 8
4. Re: Cost of Beach chair rentals

The $20-30 per day estimate is correct. I have always thought the cost of a chair rental in Destin was exorbitant and a real rip-off. Plus, they take up valuable beach space which is usually unoccupied most of the day unless someone sits there for 8 straight hours. Personally, I'd be happy if renting beach chairs in Destin was made illegal.

Centralia, Missouri
5. Re: Cost of Beach chair rentals

As far as I know it is usually according to where you are staying.. When we use to rent at Crystal Sands, they were about $25/day. Now that was a few years agos. Also at the end of the week, we usually left the guys a nice tip of about $100 because they were so nice. They would save us the chairs we wanted every morn and put them just where we wanted them. Hope this helpsl

Saint Louis...
reviews: 17
6. Re: Cost of Beach chair rentals

The price went up at Silver Shells to $40 a day came with umbrella and 2 chairs last year but our condo came with chairs. This year our condo doesn't come with chairs. The owner said we could bring. Yes we can but in the past the rented umbrella and chairs got the first row. So I guess we'll wait and see how crowded the beach is and decide what to do. But buying an umbrella and renting one I won't get the same quality as a good umbrella.

7. Re: Cost of Beach chair rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, November 23, 2010