We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destin pools - the best?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
reviews: 2
Destin pools - the best?

Going in late spring and need a beachfront condo/hotel with great pools. My kids are pool rats, bigger the better, but my wife and I love the beach. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

NorthWestOhio
reviews: 1
1. Re: Destin pools - the best?

Majestic Sun! There's an indoor/outdoor pool, and a separate outdoor pool, and two hot tubs outside. All units are beachfront and have beautiful views. You need to cross the road to get to the beach. We love Majestic Sun.

Cincinnati Oh
reviews: 11
2. Re: Destin pools - the best?

If you don't want to have to cross the road, Pelican Beach Resort is right on the beach with all of the same. I refuse to cross the road with kids.

Dallas
3. Re: Destin pools - the best?

Thanks to you both, yes, crossing could be a problem with my 10 year old but I will check them both out. Any other opinions will be greatly appreciated.

USA
4. Re: Destin pools - the best?

The road that you have to cross is only a small two lane beach road. NOT the four land highway down by Pelican.

There shouldn't be any problem with the beach road, they even have crosswalks everywhere.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 15
5. Re: Destin pools - the best?

I agree that crossing Scenic 98 is not a big deal, in fact, most cars will stop for pedestrians and let them cross. We were in Destin last spring with a 4 and 7 year old and it was never a problem.

USA
6. Re: Destin pools - the best?

Destindreammer. Let me clarify what the different Hwy 98's are. Hwy 98, Emerald Coast Pky, Harbor Blvd are all the same road. It is a four-6 lane Hwy which goes east and west through all of Okaloosa & Walton Hwy. It is the main road.

Scenic Hwy 89, (also known as Old Hwy 98 and "the beach road") is a small two lane road which follows the shoreline.

Birmingham
7. Re: Destin pools - the best?

We stayed a Pelican Beach Resort last year and

they do have a nice pool- but it is not exactly beach front- more on the side of the building with a beach view. My family and I just came back from Thanksgiving at Jade East Towers- and I can tell you they have a true beach front pool and hot tub.

Dallas
8. Re: Destin pools - the best?

So Elle, in your opinion, which did you prefer, Pelican Beach or Jade East and why? So Lindabobhat, assuming the road crossing is no problem, which is preferable, Pelican Beach or Majestic Sun and why? Thanks everybody!!!

USA
9. Re: Destin pools - the best?

tbtim - I realize you did not ask my opinion, however, let me inject one thing here. You are mentioning late Spring. I am not sure how late in the Spring, but you should check the Spring Break schedules for the Southern Schools. Destin is a family vacation area, much more so than a college Spring Break destination, however, a LOT of families hit the beach during high school, middle school & grammer school breaks.

Pelican Beach will be CROWDED, CROWDED, CROWDED.

Please do a search on this site and you will find that many people feel like the beach and pool are too small for the amount of people who stay there.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 15
10. Re: Destin pools - the best?

Well, depending on what your exact dates are, the indoor/outdoor pool at Majestic Sun could be a big plus. I personally prefer the Scenic 98 area despite having to cross the street to get to the beach. It just seems a little less congested there as opposed to the other end of Destin, but still close enough to restaurants and attractions if you are inclined to venture out.