We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Destin May 2005.

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas,Texas
reviews: 10
Just returned from Destin May 2005.

My wife and I just returned from our third trip to Destin. We stayed in the Sandestin area ( Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.) @ Beachside II, eight miles east of Destin. All of the condos in this resort are well kept. The grounds are beautiful. We arrived on May 16, 2005 and left one week later just before the crowds hit.

Our condo faced the ocean, as most do in Beachside II. The view was wonderful, the beaches white and clean. Do not worry about the condition of the beaches. They are great as always. No evidence of the hurricane was visible other than some walkways that are being repaired.

Our recommendations:

The Back Porch restaurant ( Go early !! )

La Paz Mexican ( We are from Texas, gotta have our mexican food.)

AJ 's at the Marina ( For fun and drinks after looking at all the fishing boats and their loot from the day.)

The Silent Lady ( Sunset sailing cruise)

---- Very affordable, the two crew members were super nice and it comes with free beer, wine or coke. Can't beat it for a fun two hours.

Be prepared for the congestion on Hwy 98, the main artery.

When you leave, take the new Mid Bay Bridge out. Its a short drive to I 10 compared to going back through Ft.Walton. It's about 23 miles to I 10.

Any questions e-mail us at martinshome @ earthlink.net.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 9
1. Re: Just returned from Destin May 2005.

Thanks for some great information!

Atlanta, GA
2. Re: Just returned from Destin May 2005.

Thanks for the report, I hope everyone will post a report when they return for eveyone to read.