We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th bday for my husband

Which Delray Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roanoke, Virginia
reviews: 105
30th bday for my husband

So after all the research I have done, I can't seem to decide between The Sundy House or Crane's Beach House for the first weekend in August. Both places have great reviews and good rates. We might also have friends flying in from out of state to join. Ideally, I want somewhere laid back, close to the beach, close to restaurants and bars so we don't have to drive anywhere. I also wanted somewhere pet friendly, but my goodness, for some crazy reason all of the hotels there seem to charge $250 cleaning fees ontop of everything else, so no thank you. BTW, this is NOT common, it must be a "Delray" thing. Normally, we pay $20-25 per night per pet if that. Anyway, it will be most cost effective to leave pet with pet sitter, so no big deal. Also, what restaurants do you recommend for a great meal out? Thanks in advance!

South Florida...
1. Re: 30th bday for my husband

From the description of what you are looking for, I would suggest Crane's Beach House for sure!!! It is walking distance to the beach and to a very fun tiki bar AND Crane's has their very own tiki bar too that is poolside with sand to sink your toes into. The perfect ambiance!!!

You can see some fun pictures of Crane's and their tiki bar here:

i-love-delray-beach.com/cranes-beach-house.h…

You will also be able to walk to a convenience store, a sandwich shop, pizza-by-the-slice (Pizza Rustica), and walk to the best Sunday brunch (beach side) at Caffe Luna Rosa, a great happy hour at the Marritt Hotel, the tiki bars...and so much more! Crane's for sure!

Sundy House is very nice but it is too far to walk to the beach and it is near the west end of downtown so options are more limited for walking.

I'm going to check on the pet rate. I agree with you...that is crazy! I travel with my toy Poodle and I refuse to stay at places that want to gouge you for the pet rate. It's just not right.

Danika Dahl

http://www.i-love-delray-beach.com/

Florida
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 40
2. Re: 30th bday for my husband

For dinner check out Max's Harvest. Excellent food that centers on farm-to-table and also has a nice atmosphere. Also take into consideration Sundy House. Lindsay Autry, one of the Top Chef finalists, is the executive chef and she makes some great dishes. Neither of these restaurants are walkable from the beach but well worth it.

3. Re: 30th bday for my husband

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 17, 2014