We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen
Where to stay

My mother, my wife, our thee boys aged 3, 6 and 13 and myself, are planning a two weeks trip to Florida next april, but are having a hard time deciding where to stay.

In Orlando we would like to visit Sea World, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, in Cape Canaveral my oldest son and me would like to visit the space center, apart from these tours we are mostly planning to relax at the beach/pool, do some shopping and just enjoying being together.

Our first idea was to stay 5 days in Orlando to visit the theme parks, and then drive to Daytona Beach or Cocoa Beach and stay for 9 days, but we fear that the first 5 days will be to hectic for the two smaller kids, and would prefer to divide the tours to the theme parks to the whole vacation (Visit Animal Kingdom one day, then be at the beach for a couple of days, then visit Magic Kingdom, then be at the beach for a couple of days and so forth).

Finally to my questions:

Will it be advisable to stay at the Daytona or Cocoa Beach for all two weeks, and then drive to Orlando and Cape Canaveral the 4 days we are planning to visit the theme parks/space center, or are there better alternatives ?

How long time will it take to drive to the Disney Theme parks from Daytona Beach and Cocoa Beach ?

Where in Daytona Beach or Cocoa beach would you recommend us to stay ? (It should be on the beach, there should be plenty of fun for the smaller kids and we would like to stay all six in one condo/apartment with two or three bedrooms)

Regards

Michael

Orlando, FL
1. Re: Where to stay

To avoid the traffic delays/hassels and problems common on Interstate 4, I suggest staying in Cocoa Beach instead of Daytona Beach.

During the week, you'll have to deal with workday rush hour traffic in the morning and late afternoon if you stay in Daytona and uyse I-4. Delays for no apparant reason are common at other times on I-4.

As far as a place in Cocoa Beach, check out the Cocoa Beach forum and the links in the 'Browse' sidebar.

Mason, Ohio
reviews: 23
2. Re: Where to stay

If you stay in Daytona Beach I recommend Ocean Walk condos.They are by the pier and Boadwalk.You can walk to most things.They have a great pool deck.If you decide on Cocoa Beach I recommend Ron Jon Resort condos.They also have a great pool deck.Here are the websites.www.oceanwalk.com www.ronjonresort.com If you have any other questions let me know I would be happy to help.

reviews: 1
3. Re: Where to stay

To be honest We here in Daytona have a a few Events in april that if you trip falls on you will not want to be here. The traffic is bad and town is over run by young wild and crazy kids.

The ocean walk is the best places to stay in town if it is out of your budget below are a few more.

Perry's Ocean Edge

The Sun Viking

The tropical Manor

Shoreline Inn and Suites

Copenhagen
4. Re: Where to stay

OK it seems like Cocoa beach is the place for us (although I'm sure my oldest son would like the "young wild and crazy kids")

Right now we are planning on arriving the 1st of April and stay for two weeks, is that a bad time to visit or would mid march be better, when it comes to how crowded it gets in Cocoa Beach ?

regards

Michael

Mason, Ohio
reviews: 23
5. Re: Where to stay

The first of April would be okay.

Jackson, Michigan
reviews: 1
6. Re: Where to stay

As far as the stay, Try http://www.condosavers.com and look at Endless Summer Vacation Homes. We rented a four bedroom two bath fully furnished home with (screened in)in-ground pool for $100/night. We took the grandkids up to Daytona Beach a couple of days in a row and did the Disney/Universal/Water Mania/Sea World/Space Center thing the rest of the time. The vacation homes can be a little hard to find the first time(buy a strret map), but you will catch on quick.

Check out the discount attraction ticket places that advertise too - they saved us quite a bit of money.

FYI - Sea World usually did a buy one days admission and get a second day free when we were there. This was a pleasant surprise for the kids.

The homes are usually like brand new and are pure luxury - The gas grills next to the pool saved some cash with grilling out and gave us a break from the constant running around the parks.

Daytona Beach is a little over an hour from Kissimmee(Orlando) and 45 minutes from Orlando to Cocoa Beach.

Enjoy!!!!!!!