We will be in Orlando over spring break in 2009 and have been looking for a 4+ br villa in the Davenport area. Simply because we stayed in a similar villa in Legacy Park in January 2006 and had a good experience.
I like the search engine in vrbo.com and have used it extensively but have also searched the listings at other rental websites. For the experienced villa renters and for the folks living in the Davenport area, I have a few questions.
1. Which sub-division has the absolute best villas in your opinion and what makes them the best? Examples are Highgate Park? Marbells? Royal Palms?
2. Do you know of any sub-divisions in Davenport which have villas that were built in 2008?
3. Is there a publication or blog or website that follows the trends in vacation homes in the Orlando area and offers up analysis of price differences, ownership statistics or names the new constructions?
4. For us, the villa requirements (in addition to the standard features) are:
- the newer the house the better
- gated community
- pool should be really "heated"
- wireless internet, spa
5. We have found several good homes but the prices are all over the map and there is no clear reason why one is more expensive than the other. Do you have a feel for the price variations?
Thanks in advance.