We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FLL to IGFA Hall of Fame

Which Dania Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 55
FLL to IGFA Hall of Fame

Can anyone advise me on the best way to get from the Fort Lauderdale Airport to the IGFA Hall of Fame? It's so close to the airport we thought we would stop on the way to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Is a cab the only way to go?

5 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 110
1. Re: FLL to IGFA Hall of Fame

Take the free shuttle to the Tri-Rail Train station, its short walk from there.

tri-rail.com/stations/…

Massachusetts
2. Re: FLL to IGFA Hall of Fame

Thanks. Where can I pick it up?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
3. Re: FLL to IGFA Hall of Fame

A shuttle bus circles the airport at the baggage claim ( arrivals ) level. Just look for the Tri Rail Shuttle and hop on- I will see if there is a schedule, as it only runs around the times Tri Rail operates their runs I think- but you will only be riding the shuttle bus, not taking Tri Rail- when It stops at the station , which is slightly south of FLL, you will then be able to walk to IFGA which is on the same complex- except I hope you don't have much luggage to tote- not sure what they allow carried in to the Museum- when done,., you can walk the reverse to get back to Tri Rail and catch your taxi at that station- but you might first look over at Outdoor World right across the lot from IFGA and see if a taxi happens to be waiting there to save you the walk.

I really am not sure about carrying luggage into the museum- maybe Objets knows their rules, but I don't recall, having not been there for years- do you like to fish? I don't think it's all that interesting for a non fisherman- personally. I've been twice on all the years it has been there - once with a women's group for a VIP tour , once with a middle school field trip- and that was quite enough for me.

Just edited to add this link to the shuttle schedule which is scheduled around train arrivals/ departures, so not that frequent. If you mention your airline ,I can tell you which terminal you should arrive in.

https://www.tri-rail.com/connection-maps/032…

https://www.tri-rail.com/connection-maps/032…

Edited: 11:49 am, December 23, 2013
Massachusetts
4. Re: FLL to IGFA Hall of Fame

Thanks so much for the info. We are flying Southwest and arrive at 10:35 am. I have spoken via email with the head of the museum and she has been kind enough to arrange for our baggage to be stored in their library - just a couple of carry ons. And to answer your question, the only person more fanatical about fishing than my husband in this house is me! We are actually in Fort Lauderdale on our way to Costa Rica to do just that. Thanks again.

Joanne

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
5. Re: FLL to IGFA Hall of Fame

Southwest in in Terminal 1 I believe if that helps with the Shuttle schedule. I'm going to double check that terminal number and only repost if I need to correct the info- we flew SWA ( our favorite airline) in November and I am pretty sure my memory is correct.

Edited: 1:04 pm, December 23, 2013
Reply to: FLL to IGFA Hall of Fame
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dania Beach
More Dania Beach Topics