We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in Coral Gables: Chocolate Bunnies & Marshmallow EGGS

Which Coral Gables hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jersey
reviews: 1
4 Days in Coral Gables: Chocolate Bunnies & Marshmallow EGGS

My husband & I are spending some time in Coral Gables @ The Biltmore over Easter. I love the South Beach beaches, but for him the noise during the wee hours would present a problem :) Anyway, I live along the shore here in Jersey, so spending time at the beach would amount to maybe two hours at most for two days. I would like to really maximize activities and have alot of fun on this trip. Will plan to have dinnner one night at the hotel. Other than that, and a visit to AAArena to see the Heat, no special plans. This is the first time visiting Coral Gables. From what I've already read, some of the following goodies include: Nemos, Joes Stone Crab, Normans, Viscaya, Merrick Park, Lowe Art Museum, Fairchild Tropical Gardens the Miracle Mile and Scottys Landing. Am I missing anything? Is there a romantic spot for cocktails? What about the ride to South Beach? Is there tons of traffic? We are morning people so hitting the beach would be early AM. Is the News Cafe open all day? I was there with my daughters and they got quite a bit of attention...fun place and cute wait staff. Thanks for any info. Will have a rental car so getting around during the off hours won't be a problem. Also, is there any restaurant other than the Hard Rock at Bayside Marketplace where we can get a nice snack before the Heat game? Sorry so many questions. If I don't figure things out beforehand, my husband would be content to lounge around the pool in the morning and watch TV through the afternoon!!!!!...Thanks again....Deb

Miami
reviews: 22
1. Re: 4 Days in Coral Gables: Chocolate Bunnies & Marshmallow EGGS

If you haven't already made reservations for Easter Brunch, The Biltmore Hotel it is suppose to have a great Brunch. Pricey, but if you are staying at the Biltmore it might be an easy choice. It will get sold out the closer we get to Easter.

Traffic, well as in any big city rush hours can get jammed. But just avoid the usually rush hours during the week and you will ok. 7-10 AM and 4-7 PM.

A trip to the Everglades may be nice, but that can be an all day event. The Everglades doesn't happen any other place on the earth they say. If you go to Scotty's landing make sure you walk around Coconut Grove.

At the arena there is Bongo's, Gloria Estefans restaurant. I am not sure how busy they get before a game, so you may want to call them and ask.

Hope this helps a little.

Toronto
reviews: 2
2. Re: 4 Days in Coral Gables: Chocolate Bunnies & Marshmallow EGGS

You might want to consider a trip out to Key Biscayne too. I always enjoy walking on the beach at Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park at the tip of Key Biscayne. No big surf like on Miami Beach because the waters are shallow, but very relaxing.

Depending on your definition of romantic, I also enjoy a sunset drink at the fish shack on No Name harbor right in the State Park. At Easter, the place may be crowded (like it was at Christmas) so don't count on it. When it is quite, it is very low key (sorry) and reminds one a bit of the keys further south.

There is also a huge city beach just before you get to the village on Key Biscayne.

3. Re: 4 Days in Coral Gables: Chocolate Bunnies & Marshmallow EGGS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 25, 2009