We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Biltmore Hotel to South Beach

Which Coral Gables hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 8
Getting from Biltmore Hotel to South Beach

Is there an easy enough way to do this on a Saturday by public transportation? Apparently it's possible via taxi in about 25 minutes, for roughly $55, but we're wondering if there are other less expensive options.

6 replies to this topic
Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
reviews: 40
1. Re: Getting from Biltmore Hotel to South Beach

Google Maps shows bus stops. The bus that stops more or less in front of the Biltmore (56) is weekday only, so you'd most likely hike north to SW 24th Street and catch a 24 metrobus to Government Center downtown, where you would find a bus to the beach.

www.miamidade.gov/transit/routes_detail.asp…

I'm only rarely a user of the system, so would prefer for someone local to fill in.

New York City, New...
2. Re: Getting from Biltmore Hotel to South Beach

Thanks so much, BlueRusso. That's a very helpful link. It looks as if it will be a long and slow ride to get to South Beach. I don't think we have the time this visit. Maybe we will head to the Lowe Art Museum instead. That looks like a more manageable proposition, though in case you or others have additional thoughts or ideas, we would welcome them. Thanks again!

New York City, New...
3. Re: Getting from Biltmore Hotel to South Beach

Time to edit ran out, so I guess I need to start a new message. It looks as if walking or taking the bus to the Lowe Art Museum will take just about the same amount of time. Is the walk pleasant?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
reviews: 40
4. Re: Getting from Biltmore Hotel to South Beach

Coral Gables is an independent city surrounded by Miami. It was intended to be a fine city by design, an alternative to what was seen as Miami's careless development. It's still a fine place. I'm sure hotel staff can point out anything to see, or conceivably avoid, on the way south to the University.

New York City, New...
5. Re: Getting from Biltmore Hotel to South Beach

Good idea. Thank you!

6. Re: Getting from Biltmore Hotel to South Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:34 pm, August 15, 2013
Edited: 9:34 pm, August 15, 2013

Reply to: Getting from Biltmore Hotel to South Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted