We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King Tut versus Chihuly - Which should we see?

Which Coral Gables hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 85
King Tut versus Chihuly - Which should we see?

We'll be down for a conference the end of the month and will have time for only the King Tut Exhibit in Ft Lauderdale OR the Chihuly glass exhibit at Fairchild Tropical Gardens in Coral Gables.

We are torn between the two. Many of you have undoubtedly seen one or both. Which one would you choose to see??

New York
reviews: 3
1. Re: King Tut versus Chihuly - Which should we see?

My husband and I were just in the Miami area a couple of weeks ago and saw both the Tut exhibit and the Chihuly exhibit. They are both amazing. You may want to check to see if there are even available tickets to the Tut since we had trouble purchasing ours a month in advance. If you do go, try to go first thing in the morning since that is went it is the most manageable regarding the crowds. This exhibit is much smaller than the one that came through the US in the past, but is still quite beautiful. I don't believe these pieces will ever be leaving Egypt after this tour is over, so maybe that might sway you in that direction. The Chihuly is wonderful. Fairchild Gardens has a special evening showing with special lighting on the pieces Thursday nights from 6-9pm. We went to the evening exhibit and really enjoyed it.

Anchorage
2. Re: King Tut versus Chihuly - Which should we see?

We will be going to the King Tut exhibit on the 23rd. We had no problems getting 7 tkts on line./jmb

Coconut Creek...
reviews: 249
3. Re: King Tut versus Chihuly - Which should we see?

I saw both the King Tut and the Dale Chihuly Exhibits. I liked both very much,but I felt that the Dale Chihuly Exhibit at the Fairchild Botanical Gardens was more unique and a better value for my money.If you are a AAA member,there is a small discount to see the Chihuly Exhibit.

Coconut Creek...
reviews: 249
4. Re: King Tut versus Chihuly - Which should we see?

I saw both the King Tut and the Dale Chihuly Exhibits. I liked both very much,but I felt that the Dale Chihuly Exhibit at the Fairchild Botanical Gardens was more unique and a better value for my money.If you are a AAA member,there is a small discount to see the Chihuly Exhibit.

Vero Beach
5. Re: King Tut versus Chihuly - Which should we see?

Chilluly! Chilluly! Spectacular, last time there was an outside installation was 2002 in Chicago.... A do not miss. I have heard that Tut was disappointing, less 'stuff' than visitors expected.