We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miracle Mile in Coral Gables Question

Which Coral Gables hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
reviews: 40
Miracle Mile in Coral Gables Question

Is there a map of this area with restaurants listed? I am going to be around the 100 block and was curious if there is a good restaurant within that area.

South Florida...
1. Re: Miracle Mile in Coral Gables Question

anyone??

miami, fl
2. Re: Miracle Mile in Coral Gables Question

hi, are you staying on the mile or around it? If you are staying within blocks of it you are in luck, there are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance. Do you know the name of the block? (people in the gables tend to refer to the blocks by their name).

I am not sure whether there is a map of the area with restaurants listed, but the mile is quite short and on it are a number of restaurants:

-there are two steakhouses right next to each other, both chains, Morton's (an upscale steakhouse) and Houston's (a bit more affordable, moderately priced). Across the street is a starbucks and across the block from that is a barnes and nobles.

-if you are looking for a cheap, decent bite to eat, a couple of blocks down from the starbucks are two quick mexican chain places, baja fresh and qdoba.

-a couple of blocks down from the two steakhouses are two restaurants that are more like seafood restaurants and are quite good, they are called tarpon bend and city cellar; in both places you can sit outside right on the mile, very nice.

-if u just walk a bit off the mile in both directions there are a host of different resturants to go to, italian restaurants (there is a great one called randazzo's), a great asian restaurant called miss saigon, a place serving good continental fare called the gables diner, a german bierhaus called Fritz and Franz, really there are so many.

If u could tell me the name of the street that would be great because i could give you better directions...hope that helps somewhat

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
reviews: 13
3. Re: Miracle Mile in Coral Gables Question

Wos, we get so few Coral Gables posts that I almost missed this one!

Tarpon Bend is at 65 MM. It's casual fish and has a raw bar. I like the bar area.

Randazzo's Little Italy is at 150 Giralda. Two blocks north of Miracle Mile. It's a restaurant row. This is Sicilian Italian cooking. It's a little expensive and there is a sharing charge.

Ortanique is at 285 Miracle Mile. It's award winning "cuisine of the sun". Not sure when you are coming but Ortanique (and others) are participating in the Miami Spice sneak peak the last two weeks of June. www.ilovemiamispice.com/participants.htm

Miami Spice is Aug and Sept.

The map at this site has the locations shown by cuisine. It was fun to play with!

http://www.coralgablesrestaurants.com/

South Florida...
4. Re: Miracle Mile in Coral Gables Question

Thanks guys but I have already come and gone from the area.

5. Re: Miracle Mile in Coral Gables Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, September 30, 2009