We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do for 1 week in Miami

Which Coral Gables hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge
reviews: 21
What to do for 1 week in Miami

My partner an I are coming to Miami for 1 week (leaving the teenagers at home), 1st September to 8th September, and would like to know how to get the most out of it.

Is the public transport system good and reliable? We do not want to drive unless we have to. Can you get public transport easily and does it go out of the city to the keys? Where is the best place to stay, on a budget, beach or city? Idealy we would like to be able to walk most evenings to somewhere where we can eat, we usually eat late in the evenings between 8 and 10pm, and have a nice glass of wine or a cocktail (my partner loves mohitos). We usually walk or cycle most places, is this an option for some of the days?

Mount Dora, Florida
reviews: 19
1. Re: What to do for 1 week in Miami

If you want to stay in the Gables and you want to walk you should stay as close to Miracle Mile and either Le June Road or Ponce de Leon blvd. Mapquest will show you the hotels near either of those intersections.

Public transport is ok. It is time consuming. The Metro rail running north and south is very reliable. The busses less so.

Public transport to the keys is almost non existent. There is a greyhound bus, maybe two a day. I would not recommend the bus to the keys. Miami in general is not a public transport city. Everyone drives everywhere. Traffic is heavy at times.

There are tons of good places for food and drink in the Gables

The Venetian pool is also worth a visit.

2. Re: What to do for 1 week in Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, September 07, 2009