We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

close to port..

Which Cocoa Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Geneva, WI
close to port..

Hi, looking for a family hotel close to the port for the day before we leave on the Disney Cruise.

Thanks!

Bloomington...
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
reviews: 30
1. Re: close to port..

I replied as follows on the Orlando forum:

"Assuming that you are flying in, there are hotels around MCO airport, which is useful if you are arriving very late. Otherwise, I would advise making the 45-minute drive from the airport to the port in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area.

There are dozens of hotels and maybe 200 restaurants along and near the A1A corridor, with some of the hotels being just five minutes from the port (Radisson, Residence Inn, Country Inn/Suites) and others directly on the Atlantic Ocean beach (Hilton, Doubletree, Marriott Courtyard, LaQuinta Oceanside, Hampton Inn, etc.). The Holiday Inn Express and the Sheraton are a bit farther from the port, and not on the beach, but are nice.

Many of the hotels have shuttles to the port, and can also arrange transportation from Orlando airport if you don't want to drive yourself. However, those bundled deals are not necessarily the cheapest, so you may want to check on buying them separately. Rental car companies with offices near the port include Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise/Alamo, and Hertz; they all provide shuttles to the cruise terminals."

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 94
2. Re: close to port..

Well, there is www.internationalpalmscocoabeach.com but really, the last time we stayed there we had a problem with the AC being musty and they've been going through renovations so I would have to say I'd stay at Wakulla Suites or Ron Jon's Resort. Ron Jon's is right by the port. Hope this helps and enjoy your Disney cruise!

3. Re: close to port..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2014