We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish back from last year? and ...Toll Road question

Which Cocoa Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 3
Jellyfish back from last year? and ...Toll Road question

Hi all,

I have read a couple of more recent comments regarding the jellyfish attack that happened last year, and they have not come back. We are traveling there again the end of next week, for a day on Cocoa beach before we head out on a cruise. Any Mauve Jellyfish swarm or attack around recently? Those Mauve Jellyfish last year were a nightmare and I refused to go in the water...LOL

Also if anyone knows any updates regarding the toll roads from MCO (Orlando Airport) to Cocoa Beach. Someone informed me last time that they are stil cash paying, which I am still hopeful for. We are renting a car, and I do not want to have to pay the fee for the express pass or sun pass, which is much more expensive than the $1.50 cash tolls

Thank you all in advance!

Coconut

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
reviews: 30
1. Re: Jellyfish back from last year? and ...Toll Road question

We walked Cocoa Beach, north of the pier, today, and saw no jellyfish. However, it would not be unusual to see a few dead ones washed up on the beach. The masses seen last Memorial Day weekend ruined the beach experience for many, but only lasted 2-3 days; that was highly unusual but can occasionally happen when the winds are just right. I wouldn't worry too much about such a rare occurrence.

The tolls on the Beachline between the north exit at Orlando International Airport are payable in cash by staying to the right and avoiding the cashless lanes on the main roadway. Where there was just one $1.50 toll slightly east of the SR 417 interchange, there are now two $0.75 tolls -- that original one, now reduced in price, plus a newly-built one a few miles farther east near Dallas Blvd. If you are stopping to pay cash, my suggestion is to get a receipt, in case the rental car company should claim you used their account and wants reimbursement. That can happen -- in fact, much more commonly than jellyfish massing on Cocoa Beach.

Edited: 4:15 pm, April 16, 2012
Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 3
2. Re: Jellyfish back from last year? and ...Toll Road question

Thank you so much for all the info. It is also great advice on the receipt for the tolls...I greatly appreciate it! :)

3. Re: Jellyfish back from last year? and ...Toll Road question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:41 am, June 19, 2013