We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which beach

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
which beach

First time visit to USA, Florida and staying disney world. Looking at 2 day beach trip but cant decide between clearwater beach, SPB or siesta key sarasota. Will travel down for the sat/sun with wife &2 kids aged 5 & 10. Have mother in law in tow so maybe somewhere good for little uns play on beach, shops, nice restaurant for evening meal and some lively bars for a few "pops" later on. Any help greatly appreciated.

Clearwater, Florida
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
reviews: 24
1. Re: which beach

I'm not too familiar with Siesta. But, for a weekend, you may want to lok at SPB. Clearwater Beach on weekends can get pretty busy, and on SPB the crowd is not as dense, as it is a much longer shoreline, so you may feel more at ease giving the kids a bit more space for running around, playing in the water etc, as it will be easier to keep an eye on them with the thinner crowd. There will still be plenty of fun places for a good meal, and beach bars for drinks along the beach.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
reviews: 83
2. Re: which beach

There are also some short term condo or suite type rentals on SPB. You might want to look at those - with mother-in-law in tow, it would give you all some privacy, and not be as pricey as two hotel rooms. Maya has written some suggestions on short term condo rentals on SPB if you want to look through some of their forums.

reviews: 1
3. Re: which beach

thanks for the info. I was originally thinking Clearwater beach but now thinking SPB may be wiser as I am travelling in July and prob even busier then. Is there a particular area I should head for here. I've had a quick look at condo's as these would be ideal for my trip but i cant find anything for one night only. Most are min 3 nights. I will try closer to time where someone may have a gap they will fail failing that will try late hotel deal. Shame i already booked my two weeks in Orlando as with hindsight would have offset a few days on the beach.

4. Re: which beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 25, 2014