We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise South Resort on 229 Coronado Dr.

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montreal,quebec
reviews: 2
Sunrise South Resort on 229 Coronado Dr.

Does anybody have any views on the hotel that I am planning to stay there. This is my 1st time going to clearwater beach.

Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 1
1. Re: Sunrise South Resort on 229 Coronado Dr.

I think you're near construction. However, if your room isn't located right on the road, it may not bother you. Otherwise, you're in a convenient location near Pier 60, restaurants, bars, stores, etc. I just returned from a week in Clearwater Beach, where I stayed north of where you will be. I was at the Enchanted Inn and Suites on Bay Esplanade, off Mandalay Drive (or Road, I forget which). North of the Pier 60 roundabout, the street changes its name from Coronado to Mandalay. I preferred the North Beach section of Clearwater because there wasn't road construction up there (though there was construction of huge condo towers on one stretch of Mandalay).

North Beach has just as good a stretch of beach as the area south of the roundabout, but it's less dense with restaurants and stores. If you really want to be in the thick of the action, stay where you are (assuming your window isn't looking right out on the road). If not, look into the Enchanted Inn or other nearby hotels (I didn't check out their rooms, but I know their location) on Bay Esplanade, like the Ebb Tide or the Cavalier. I have no info on their rates.

Alternately, you might ask the Sunrise to switch you to their north hotel, which is a few hundred feet north of Bay Esplande, in the North Beach area I described. It's quiet there, and not far from several lively restaurants and a fine stretch of beach.