We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day - Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Little Toot?

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, Wales, UK
reviews: 30
One day - Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Little Toot?

We are staying on Lido Key afterword 4 days in early September after ten days in Disney. It is outside of US holiday times and after Labor Day, so I assume not the busiest season?

The kids 10 and 6 would love to see Winter the dolphin and we would also like to see dolphins in the ocean too. Maybe on Little Toot.

Is it feasible to do both in one day from Lido Key, Sarasota? We are early risers and have a hire car.

Also, where is best to park and get from one place to the other?

Many thanks in advance for your responses.

Clearwater, Florida
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
reviews: 24
1. Re: One day - Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Little Toot?

You are correct that it is not the busiest season. Summer is low season compared to over the Winter.

I think you would be able to do all of that in one day.

The drive from Lido to Cleawater Beach will be around an hour. Maybe a little more if during rush hour.

There is free parking at the Marina Aquarium. When going across the causeway from mainland Clearwater to the beach, turn Right at the only stop light on the causeway onto Island Way. Take the 1st Left and the aquarium will be just ahead on the Left.

When leaving the aquarium going to Little Toot, turn Right off of Island Way back onto the causeway.

Upon entering the beach area, there is a traffic circle. Take the 4th street exit from the circle into the marina. There is meteered parking at the marina that you can use when doing business with a marina business.

Clearwater, Florida
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
reviews: 24
2. Re: One day - Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Little Toot?

Clarification: Above should read free parking at Marine Aquarium, where Winter is.

Parking at the marina, where the Little Toot is, is metered and you will need to pay. Think it's $1, or $1.50 per hour.

If you will be there nearing sunset, www.sunsetsatpier60.com

Cardiff, Wales, UK
reviews: 30
3. Re: One day - Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Little Toot?

Thank you for that, that's perfect information.

I think we will do the aquarium in the morning and then drive to the marina for lunch and little toot in the afternoon, followed by sunset on the pier and dinner. Sounds like a great day.

Cleveland, ohio
reviews: 1
4. Re: One day - Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Little Toot?

Before we went to Florida this summer, I signed up on Groupon.com for the Tampa area. One of the Groupons I bought was for a Dolphin boat tour. I believe I paid $11.00 for adults and $6.00 for kids. I continue to receive offers for it, so you might want to sign up and see if it is available. It is a bigger boat then the Little Toot, but does the same thing-the captain takes you to where the dolphins are, he even let my 12 year old son "drive" the boat for awhile. We went on the sunset cruise. Have fun!

5. Re: One day - Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Little Toot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 21, 2013