We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with shopping, restaurants and day trips

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, Ohio
reviews: 37
Help with shopping, restaurants and day trips

We are staying at a house in New Port Richey the week before Easter. Want to find an area around or south of Clearwater that has interesting shops. Also which beach area is the easiest to park at? How much do the county park access lots charge to park? We would be driving in early to spend one day.

Also want to visit Tarpon Springs. Any advice on what would be interesting to do there? I heard Hella's is a great Greek restaurant. Plan on going to Howard park which looks wonderful.

What would be a good, family type seafood place to eat? Any all you can eat seafood buffets that you would recommend?

Any great places to see manatees and dolphins? My kids just love them. Not interested in the boat trips as we will have a boat during our stay. Maybe some natural areas where these animals are known to visit?

Thank you for any advice on some fun things to do. We can't wait to get to Florida!

Brandon, Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: Help with shopping, restaurants and day trips

To see the dolphins you don't even need a boat, but it is a little way from New Port Richey at the Tampa Electric Company's plant in Apollo beach. Their home page (www.tampaelectric.com) has information right on the front.

Hanover, Pa
reviews: 41
2. Re: Help with shopping, restaurants and day trips

Just travel south down the Gulf Bulv. which is a great senic drive till you reach Johns' Pass,(Treasure Island) great for shops and resturants. You can go to Clearwater beach for the day and the beach has a large public parking area. Then an all you can eat seafood place is Shepeards in Clearwater too.

Dayton, Ohio
reviews: 37
3. Re: Help with shopping, restaurants and day trips

Thanks for the advice!

Are there any other all you can eat seafood places? Or are they pretty rare?

St. John's pass sounds good. Where is the best place to park that doesn't cost a lot?

If we boat out to Anclote Key will we see dophins or manatees in the area?

Wish we were there right now - it is 30 degrees colder here!!!

Hanover, Pa
reviews: 41
4. Re: Help with shopping, restaurants and day trips

I'm not sure were the other places of all-you-can eat but I know there are others there. I just can only remember Shepeards because I took family and friends there when they came to visit. There is a public parking at John's Pass, it will be easy to see. I haven't been down since 2001 and next week will be my first time since then, so there will be new things to pass on when I get back.

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 36
5. Re: Help with shopping, restaurants and day trips

Shepherds is the best place by far for all you can eat buffet. Has chicken, fish, prime rib, seafood (raw and cooked), sushi, crab legs, salad bar and desert bar. An absolute must, but lines can get long at dinner. Not much for parking no matter where you go. Treasure Island and John's Pass does have some parking, not sure the price. Gators is across the intercostal waterway, has free parking over there. Plus, not a bad bar with decent food and three levels right on the water. For a "good" dinner there's Island Way Grille on Island Estates (on the way to Clearwater beach) or Salt Rock Grill on Indian Rocks. Both are excellent restaurants.