We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food help

Which Cape Canaveral hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Food help

If this is anything like the Orlando forum I'm sure you get asked food questions a lot so I apologize...

If we head east for the beach we often end up at Alan Shepard Park. It's easy to get to, plenty of parking, restrooms, etc. We usually just end up grabbing a bite and a drink at one of the two places there, typically the Sand Bar I think it is called.

A little while back we went and visited some folks who had their boat in a marina near the cruise terminals. There was a slew of restaurants all in a row there but we had no idea which to choose. What's the best/your favorite there in the port for beer and simple seafood - baskets, sandwiches, etc.?

If different, what's the best/your favorite between there/528 and Shepard Park/520?

What type of prices are we taking ball park? And how does it compare to Sand Bar which we are somewhat familiar with? Thanks in advance! (Have asked in the Cocoa forum too...not sure which is the better place for the questions...)

Cape Canaveral...
reviews: 114
1. Re: Food help

They are all very similar. 1st let me say you should try Jetty Park here in CC as it offers all Shepard does plus it sits right on the inlet with a long jetty you can walk way out on.

3 of the 4 Grills, Fish Lips, and Rustys are very similar with all you mentioned. Fish Lips does have a 2nd floor outside and the cruise ships sail right past between 4-5pm.

Milikens is the new one and is nice but pricy.

Hope this helps.

Preston

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
2. Re: Food help

Thanks for the replies to both posts...

As for food, when we were headed to the marina, I remember getting off 528 and turning left and left again.

The first place we came to looked a little nicer (I know because I had to stop in to ask for directions) - more of an entree nicer dinner type place it seemed. Do you know what I am talking about? Is it any good?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
reviews: 4
3. Re: Food help

That sounds like Milliken's Reef. It is new and I haven't tried it yet.

http://millikensreef.com/

Cape Canaveral...
4. Re: Food help

It is Milikens and I have been there several times. It is very good but a little pricey.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
5. Re: Food help

Thanks.

Didn't make it this weekend as the shuttle scrubbed on Saturday before we headed over, but I'm sure we'll be to the beach soon...or hope at least!

Cape Canaveral...
6. Re: Food help

As they say we will keep the light on for you!

7. Re: Food help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 11, 2010