We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulf View 101

Which Bradenton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gulf View 101

My husband and I and our three daughters are planning a trip to AMI the week of June 21, 2014. I think I have narrowed down our search for a condo to Gulf View Condo 101. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there before and what you thought of the condo and area? Any information and advise about the Bradenton Beach area would be much appreciated also. From what I can see, it looks like it is at the end of Bridge Street and near several restaurants and shops. Our older girls will both be 13 at the time of the trip and we want them to be able to have some independence and be able to walk some places without us as we also have an 18 month old little girl.

Thanks in advance!

Tyra

Massachusetts
reviews: 24
11. Re: Gulf View 101

Tyra,

Great, then I'm happy it was of some help. And, I'm happy you found one of those units even cheaper!

And, to join in on the conversation regarding BB, I will concur that it is very safe, friendly, fun, and certainly family friendly. My husband and I have stayed in BB too many times to count, and we stayed last year with our 2 year old. Actually, since the disaster with Gulf View 101, we've ended up in a gorgeous beachfront house and the ONLY thing we are bummed about is that it's in Holmes Beach! Not to say that there's a single thing wrong with HB, but we are just so accustomed to staying in BB and love it so so so much. But we needed a different place than our usual because this year there will be 4 of us!

You and your family are going to have an amazing trip. We go the end of the month and I'm counting down the minutes!

Merritt Island...
reviews: 65
12. Re: Gulf View 101

Sorry all,

No offense intended. The thread just seemed to take a left turn at about the third entry. Just having some fun with it.

CookingGirl,

Interesting you like BB so much, so do we. My family has always gone there(except one time in 1976 in HB). Seems like a lot of families on here lately are steering more toward HB and AM.

United States
reviews: 35
13. Re: Gulf View 101

So sorry, CookingGirl, I wasn't criticizing you. I apologize if you took it that way. I meant the whole thread was confusing in how it went out in left field somewhere from the original questions. The original poster asked how the condo was and what Bradenton Beach was like. When I said someone jumped on about the owner, it meant jumped on the thread, not as in "jumping someone". Then someone misunderstood and talked about the city of Bradenton. Then someone commented on the crimes in Holmes Beach. That's what I meant by confusing. I really think you have every right to criticize an unpleasant experience with an owner. I just thought it was funny that the thread turned a corner on the original question. That happens. No big deal. Hope you are not still offended.

Massachusetts
reviews: 24
14. Re: Gulf View 101

No worries! We're all good, and we all love AMI. So, that's cool. I just felt bad when I thought someone might be calling into question my honest experience.

Less than two weeks before our toes (all 40 of them, now! last year we only had 30!) will be in that gorgeous white sand in front of the awesome house we are renting! Woo hoo!

15. Re: Gulf View 101

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 17, 2014