We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

Which Bradenton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

My family will be staying in Bradenton Beach area in Mid-July. We booked this house due to it's amazing location to beach and great price. We read that the farther south you go on the island, the more "lively" the island life becomes. Could a local please clarify this for us? We don't mind shops, restaurants,and even a little live music. But we have 3 children and do not want to be in the middle of obnoxious, spring break type behavior. (Think Panama City) Is this area a "party zone"? Does it go late into the night? We are used to Destin. Was hoping this would be a little less "lively" than that. Just do not want to be made to feel "unsafe" due to our home being in the heart of a big party scene. We feel we'd be a bit bored on the North end though...we do like to have things to do and places to eat.

I'm super appreciative of anyone that could clarify this for us.

Edited: 7:16 pm, May 30, 2013
Cork
reviews: 13
1. Re: Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

There is no fear of it being too Loud.You will love it!

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
2. Re: Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

Exactly. Almost everything is closed up before 10 pm. Unless you are right at Bridge St. You will not really hear anything except the waves. Very family friendly. Main road is 2 lane, and nothing over 3 stories tall! No high rises,!

Nashville, Tennessee
3. Re: Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

Thanks so much!!! :)

Nashville, Tennessee
4. Re: Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

Thanks so much! Puts my mind at ease. Can't wait. :)

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 7
5. Re: Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

I don't think Bradenton Beach even knows HOW to act "spring break".

I can't imagine a more family-friendly place.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
6. Re: Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

Party Zone? Far from it, the streets roll up when the trolley stops at 10:00 pm. There will be a some activity at the end of Bridgestreet at the Drift-In and maybe the Sports Bar but your children wont be there anyway. Very safe, very family friendly, NOTHING like Panama City. You will love the island.

Nashville, Tennessee
7. Re: Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

Thank you for the reassurance. Having never been there it is hard to know what to expect and I couldn't quite grasp what people meant by some of their comments about it being "busier', "livelier", and one house description even said this: "Islanders do love to party and you’re in the heart of that in this beach house." All in all I think I'm beginning to see that these descriptions may just be indicative of just HOW "mellow" (possibly boring to some) the north end is more than how wild the south end is. :) Thanks again.

Nashville, Tennessee
8. Re: Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

Thank you. :)

Waterford...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

My grandmother has lived in Bradenton Beach since the mid 80's, and our family has visited as often as possible every year since. It is VERY family friendly; traditionally pretty working-class, although they've made pains to make it fancier over the years. However, it's not a flash place; just a great place to relax and be yourselves... The Pier is the best place to take kids: they can fish, sit on the porch swings at the end, and you can even eat at the restaurant right on the pier. My grandma and I always take a walk down the pier at dusk to see if anyone has caught anything, chat with the tourists and local fishermen, etc. There is a 55+ mobile home community right next to the pier, so lots of older folks around. To eat, there's also the Beach House, a restaurant right on the beach with live music and beachy-themed food, probably the most happening place in the area. The pizza place across the street (I think it's called Oma's) is really delicious, and my favorite place to eat (totally worth the wait if there is one). Joe's Eats and Sweets has excellent homemade icecream, and the kids will love it. The main street of "town" is touristy and full of cute little shops and restaurants, but it's a very short street (you can walk one end to the other, even with little feet, in about five to ten minutes, or meander through the shops for an hour or two). There is a bar at the end of the street called the Drift In where locals drink at all hours of the day, but that's the only "lively" place I'd keep my kids away from, although most of the folks hanging out in there are very friendly. There is also a crepe shop at the same end with authentic French crepes. My kids (4 and 7 years old) love to take the trolley around the island (it will also take you to the local supermarket on the island). The beaches are amazing, not very loud, and if you walk away from the developed areas you can find vast stretches that are almost deserted. In the summer, the water is so warm it's like being in your own personal giant salty hot tub. There is a nature preserve at the far end of the island, as well, with a wooden walkway through the marshes. There are sea kayak rentals available for a reasonable price, as well as more expensive parasailing on a boat (but lots of accidents on those because they're not regulated; I'd avoid them). The Marina is owned by the nicest man in the universe, and rents jet skis. We even like to just sit on the pier and watch the nearby bridge go up and down; in the evening you can watch far-away thunderstorms, and sometimes there are even dolphin or hoseshoe crab sightings... To make a long story even longer, it's a very family friendly place. I have fond memories from the time I was toddling, and am now in my 30's and taking my own kids. Have a fabulous time.

Edited: 2:23 am, June 12, 2013
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
10. Re: Is Bradenton Beach area family friendly?

I can't imagine a place more different than PCB.

You will LOVE it.

Get answers to your questions about Bradenton Beach