We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to south florida. Help me pick an area!

Which Boca Raton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis, MD
reviews: 4
Moving to south florida. Help me pick an area!

We are considering a move somewhere between Delray and Fort Lauderdale and are looking for opinions on different areas. I'd like to be as close to a beach as possible and also would like to be within 30 minutes of a Whole Foods or comparable grocery store as we have some dietary restrictions in the family.

I would love to be in a walkable area, but recognize that is not always easy when safety is a concern. My husband travels quite a bit so being in a safe area is very important. Our rental budget is up to $1500 per month for 3 bedrooms. Would love to have a community pool if not close to the beach. I have a 3 year old so an area with a lot of activities for her would be desirable. Any suggestions for areas that sound like a good fit for us?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
1. Re: Moving to south florida. Help me pick an area!

Congrats Vivien!

But relocation threads are against the TA rules.

I can suggest if you need to be near a Whole Foods that you go to their store locator on their website and mark down the nearest locations on a map. Then start looking. I also suggest that you go down and live in your chosen area before your final move for a min of a week, but a month per location is better to truly understand where is best for you. And rent when you get there before buying in case you need to 'tweek' your chosen area.

Annapolis, MD
reviews: 4
2. Re: Moving to south florida. Help me pick an area!

Oops, sorry about that.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
3. Re: Moving to south florida. Help me pick an area!

Nothing wrong with asking where to go, what to do, where to eat etc. You know, things that visitors want to do too.

And if sometimes the odd mention of where to buy furniture and who is a good realtor gets mentionned................................ ;-)

4. Re: Moving to south florida. Help me pick an area!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 16, 2012