We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping at Christina Mall

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Wilmington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
reviews: 41
Shopping at Christina Mall

Hi we are travelling from New York to Washington DC and would like to stop of at the mall. We will probably do an overnight stop. Where do you recommend us to stay and is the area safe as we have a lot of children with us. I was reading a comment about downtown Wilmington and drive by shootings is this any where near the mall.

Thanks

Philadelphia...
1. Re: Shopping at Christina Mall

The Christiana Mall is not near the inner city where unfortunately localized (not drive-by) homocides are high. The mall is safe but as with anywhere, anything can happen in this day and age it seems. In addition to many great stores there are many good eating opportunities !! I would consider staying at either the Sheraton Wilmington South (one or 2 exits North off I95) or the Hilton Wilmington / Christiana, Newark.

Enjoy your visit to the eastern U.S. -

TG

Wilmington, DE
reviews: 29
2. Re: Shopping at Christina Mall

The Hilton Christiana is about the closest to the mall. Very nice property. Don't think it has pool though if that is something you need for the kids. Good restaurants are in the mall or in the shopping ctr near the hotel. You might also consider looking at hotels at the Newark DE exit (RT 896). Several properties there and lots of dining opportunities either near the hotels or on Main St in Newark. If you like italian ans stay in that area consider La Casa Pasta just down route 896.

Belfast, United...
3. Re: Shopping at Christina Mall

That's a great help. Thank you.

Wilmington, DE
reviews: 29
4. Re: Shopping at Christina Mall

After driving down from NYC on NJ turnpike and I95.....you might consider a bit more scenic relaxed route....at Newark DE take the 896 south exit. Follow 896 south towards Middletown and pick up US 301 south and the US50 east. It will take you through some nice MD countryside and across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, past Annapolis and then into DC.

Belfast, United...
5. Re: Shopping at Christina Mall

Thank you I will take a look at that as an option

6. Re: Shopping at Christina Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 19, 2014