We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic to Nemours Mansion on a weekday

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Wilmington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
reviews: 12
Traffic to Nemours Mansion on a weekday

We have a 9 am tour reservation. Our choices for lodging (to use Marriott points) are either Rocky Run Pkwy, or at Kennett Square.

I know Rocky Run is closer, but KS is less points/money.

Are either of those popular commuter roads into Wilmington? Which would you choose for ease in getting to Nemours?

Philadelphia...
1. Re: Traffic to Nemours Mansion on a weekday

The trek from Kennett is on heavily travelled commuter roads at that time of day with two main options for your route. Rte 52 is a charming two lane road if you are not in a hurry but there's no chance to go over 35-45 mph and lots of stop and go during the am commute, and I mean traffic can STOP entering into Centerville. Or Rte 1/Rte 202 where you might be able to go 50 if lucky but also LOTS of stop and go. If you are choosing strictly for ease of travel at that time of day, I would go with the Rocky Run Marriott. It's only a few miles to the mansion and would take maybe 10 minutes. The KS ride would take you at least 35-45 minutes.

Hopes this helps - I have not seen the mansion since it was restored a few years ago but was breathtaking even before.

TG

Philadelphia...
2. Re: Traffic to Nemours Mansion on a weekday

If you have time definitely travel the Rte 52 corridor and/or Winterthur, another DuPont mansion/tourist highpoint. The town of Centerville I mentioned is charming and if you time it right you might not have to wait too long for lunch at the recently renovated Buckleys Tavern, a local institution.

TG

Edited: 10:23 am, January 21, 2013
Eugene, Oregon
3. Re: Traffic to Nemours Mansion on a weekday

Thanks Trippy Girl, we'll stick with Rocky Run.

We've been to Winterthur (and Longwood Gardens) before. This trip will be Hagley (the day before) and Nemours (the next morning).

Thinking of having lunch after Nemours at the Krazy Kat?

Southeastern...
reviews: 59
4. Re: Traffic to Nemours Mansion on a weekday

Krazy Kat's is a great choice. Buckley's is indeed a local institution, but the reviews since re-opening have definitely been mixed.

Philadelphia...
5. Re: Traffic to Nemours Mansion on a weekday

Also as a side stop if you enjoy art: right down the street from Hagley (or downriver) is an old mill that has been converted into a postoffice/art gallery. The Sommerville Manning gallery offers wall art from many locals and the Andre Harvey gallery on the top floor has fantastic bronze sculptures, collages, etc. from a local genius. Enjoy -

TG

Eugene, Oregon
6. Re: Traffic to Nemours Mansion on a weekday

Thanks for the tips!

7. Re: Traffic to Nemours Mansion on a weekday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 24, 2014