We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Wilmington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgetown
5 posts
airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware

I will be visiting delaware early in August for 7 days. I am trying to get information on the best hotel for a family of 5 as well as the availaiability of airport to hotel transportation from philadelphia international airport to such hotel.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware

Where in Delaware will you be visiting?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware

suite, 2 rooms, how many beds (are kids sharing or does each get their own?) have you checked out hotwire, hotels.com or TA to at least get an idea of what is available?

Bridgetown
5 posts
3. Re: airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware

I am hoping to stay in wilmington or as close there as possible

Bridgetown
5 posts
4. Re: airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware

Th e kids willl be sharing. I will check hotels.com. Thanks for all the advice.

Edited: 8:08 pm, April 27, 2012
Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
642 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware

There is a Sheraton and a courtyard in downtown. What activities do you have planned? You might want to consider a hotel outside the city.

For any of them you can use Delaware Express service from the airport to the hotel. Its about 30 min to 45 min depending on traffic

http://www.delexpress.com/index.html

Bridgetown
5 posts
6. Re: airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware

Thank you so very much frank n pat . I wil consider looking at hotels out of the city. I was hoping to close to the malls so i was looking at homewood suites or doubletree. I have been to delaware before bt stayed with family . This time i am trying a hotel or rental home and organising my own transportation. I will be doing quite a bit of shopping and sight seeing.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
227 posts
7. Re: airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware
Delaware Tourism Office What's this?

For transportation, contact Delaware Express - they offer wonderful service at a fair price.

You should consider staying at Hotel Wilmington/Christiana! It's a beautiful hotel that includes a nice complimentary breakfast, pool, in-house restaurants, and a beautiful bar! It's located directly next to the Christiana Mall (TONS of great shopping), restaurants, and I-95. It's within close proximity to Wilmington, Newark, New Castle, and endless attractions.

For more info about Delaware sites, visit www.visitdelawrae.com

Content provided by Delaware Tourism Office: visitdelaware.com
Bridgetown
5 posts
8. Re: airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware

Thanks for the information Delaware tourism. I appreciate it .

9. Re: airport transportation and best hotel for family in Delaware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 19, 2013