We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Cap Service at Wilmington Amtrak Station?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Wilmington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carlsbad, California
reviews: 17
Red Cap Service at Wilmington Amtrak Station?

Can someone please confirm that there is red cap service at the Wilmington Amtrak station? My mum is travelling to Wilmington via Amtrak (we will put her on the train to get there) and she will probably need help getting on the train when she leaves Wilmington. We've found the red cap service to be invaluable in NYC and DC and I am hoping she will be able to take advantage of a red cap upon her departure from Wilmington.

Thanks.

Wilmington, DE
reviews: 29
1. Re: Red Cap Service at Wilmington Amtrak Station?

I am fairly certain I recall seeing red caps in the station. Amtrak's website lists baggage assistance for the wilmington station. She may want to ask a conductor to have one meet her on the platform on arrival. There is an elevator to the station.

Philadelphia, PA
reviews: 15
2. Re: Red Cap Service at Wilmington Amtrak Station?

Yes, I can verify that there are red caps at the station. Call Amtrak's toll-free # (1-800-USA-RAIL) to schedule assistance ahead of time.

Carlsbad, California
reviews: 17
3. Re: Red Cap Service at Wilmington Amtrak Station?

Thank you for your replies. The info was very helpful and I called Amtrak to schedule a red cap. FYI they prefer that you call a day before you are travelling.

4. Re: Red Cap Service at Wilmington Amtrak Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, June 17, 2013