We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternate Route from New England to OBX

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amherst...
reviews: 17
Alternate Route from New England to OBX

We are driving from MA to OBX and I’m looking for some help. I am driving down to Seaford DE, leaving from Western MA on Friday straight from work at 4:00 PM. We will continue to Corolla, NC on Saturday morning after getting some sleep at the hotel.

I know we’re leaving at a bad time for traffic in NYC and New Jersey, so I want to avoid both altogether without veering too far off course. I know this means going via PA. I do have a rough idea going 84 from Connecticut to the Tappan Zee, then from there??????

Also is there another way to get across the Hudson north of the Tappan Zee and go from there? Ideally I don’t want to add much more than an hour but I am flexible. It could mean avoiding 2 or 3 times that going through NYC and Jersey Turnpike during the Friday night beach rush to the Delaware bridge.

1. Re: Alternate Route from New England to OBX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 15, 2014