We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picnic/first date suggestions

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, Virginia
Picnic/first date suggestions

Hi -

I am trying to find out where a good place for a quiet picnic for two would be. I am going to be in Rehoboth on Saturday and am meeting a friend for the first time and we would like a place where we can talk and get to know each other. Neither of us have been there before. Any other first date suggestions for that area are appreciated.

Thanks

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 717
1. Re: Picnic/first date suggestions

Hi,

There is a small picnic spot next to Lake Gerar just a few blocks from the avenue. It has a picnic table there that you can use too. It is a nice spot. Another spot you could go to would be Grove park near the drawbridge & Visitor center.

Hope this helps.

Wilmington, Delaware
2. Re: Picnic/first date suggestions
Delaware Tourism Office What's this?

There is also a nice pavilion in Gordons Pond in Rehoboth Beach (technically Cape Henlopen State Park) - you can take a walk on the beach after lunch :)

Content provided by Delaware Tourism Office: visitdelaware.com
Portsmouth, Virginia
3. Re: Picnic/first date suggestions

Thank you very much for the suggestion...I appreciate it

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 34
4. Re: Picnic/first date suggestions

Why not sit on the beach?!? That's what it's all about.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 34
5. Re: Picnic/first date suggestions

Why not sit on the beach?!? That's what it's all about. If you will be dressed up & don't want to trip out on the sand, then I recommend strolling the boardwalk. Park at one end and walk down & back. There are benches all along the way if you want to sit a bit.

6. Re: Picnic/first date suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 16, 2014