We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timer needing help !!

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WILKES BARRE, PA
1st timer needing help !!

Hello all, looking for some help on some general questions.

We will be staying at a friends house near Mcdonalds on Route 1 next Mon - Thurs.

I have been reading about parking and decied to get a parking pass.

What time are they open til to purchase the parking passes?

Can someone point me in the right direction for streets that generally is good to park at?

I have looked at the parking map for Rehoboth and am aware the permit only allows you to park at certain streets. My goal is to not drive around and waste time trying to find spots if possible.

We usually arrive to the beach between 9:30 and 10 am. Would traffic & parking be an issue getting to the beach at those hours?

Thanks in advance, Andy

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 36
11. Re: 1st timer needing help !!

Yes, pop up tents are allowed. In fact, some of the beach rental huts rent them, but if you have your own, bring it!

WILKES BARRE, PA
12. Re: 1st timer needing help !!

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say I have decided to do Rehoboth Beach and not the state parks,

and thanks again for all the help !!!

Andy

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 28
13. Re: 1st timer needing help !!

You should have no problem finding a prime parking space close to the boardwalk a few streets over from "the Avenue" at that time of the morning. These are all metered spaces...no permit necesssary to park in these. If you go back in in the evening you may find yourself needing that permit, but not otherwise.

Not sure if anyone answered your question about where to get a permit, but they have a "drive-thru" as you come in the Avenue (just after the traffic circle; stay in the right lane). You might also look into the Park & Ride program, it's a shame more folks don't take advantage of this.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 36
14. Re: 1st timer needing help !!

Permits are only needed 10 am to 5 pm. Don't ever buy a permit for the "evening" -- it's not needed.

15. Re: 1st timer needing help !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 24, 2014