We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice Cream

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northeast USA
reviews: 15
Ice Cream

I know the summer season hasn't kicked off yet, but I am wondering if any locals know how the ice cream scene is developing for 2013. I will be there right after Memorial Day. Any suggestions of the best place(s) to get ice cream within Rehoboth itself? (I won't have a car).

thanks!

linda

20 replies to this topic
Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 572
1. Re: Ice Cream

You have tons of choices within downtown Rehoboth for ice cream, gelato & frozen custard/yogurt/banana. A few that I can think of are:

Royal Treat

Double Dippers

The Ice Cream Store

Archie's

Kilwins

Starkey's Cones

Kohr Bros

Grotto Gelato

Annie's Banannies

Cold Stone Creamery

The Belly Filler & Best Ice Cream

Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donut

My personal favorites are the Ice Cream Store for their unique flavors (over 70 flavors) and Starkey's Cones for their frozen chocolate covered banana. Kilwin's and Archie's are also very good. Royal Treat makes an awesome banana split that you can create (choose the flavors and toppings).

Hope this helps!

Northeast USA
2. Re: Ice Cream

WOW - this is amazing. Thanks so much!! I think I'm gonna have a good time.

:-)s

linda

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
3. Re: Ice Cream

Of the many scenes in Rehoboth, I never realized there was an ice cream one. I like anyone that makes blueberry ice cream. If you find one, let me know as I will be visiting right behind you (if there is any ice cream left).

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 572
4. Re: Ice Cream

Neslaw,

Kilwin's used to have a flavor....blueberry waffle cone. I had it a few years back & it was pretty good. You can sample before you buy here, so no harm in checking it out!

https:/…original-recipe-ice-cream

The Ice Cream Store has Holy Purple Cow. It is raspberry ice cream with blueberry ribbons, white and milk chocolate chips. Haven't tried this one yet.

http://rehobothbeachicecream.com/

Hope this helps some!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
5. Re: Ice Cream

Northeast USA
6. Re: Ice Cream

OOOOOOOOOO boy. There may NOT be any ice cream left after I get through.

thanks, everyone!

linda

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
7. Re: Ice Cream

That's ok because I had the best crab cake already.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 242
8. Re: Ice Cream

neslaw1~ Just curious, Where did you have the best crab cake? I recently was advised to try Box Hill Crabcakes, in Abingdon, Md. (which we did!) and they were outstanding!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
9. Re: Ice Cream

I was just teasing about best specific crab cake as opposed to best reputation. I really don't know the best on the eastern shore and if you are looking in Baltimore then there is a robust discussion that you can search. I just get a kick out of everyone looking for the " best" and after so many looking for best lobster, i said that they couldn't have it because I just ate it!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 242
10. Re: Ice Cream

Thanx for the reply.................. Now back to the "best" ice cream! ................In Rehoboth my vote is for Kohr Bros. for Custard/soft ice cream and Kilwins for Hand dipped (hard) ice cream....Enjoy... BTW ~ is there such a thing as Bad ice cream? All ice cream is Good! (lol)

Reply to: Ice Cream
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted