We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehoboth for Spring Break

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, VA
reviews: 18
Rehoboth for Spring Break

What is Rehoboth (or other area beaches) like for Spring Break? We're looking to get away, but not to crazy Ft. Lauderdale scene. Would love something between Rehoboth in the summer crowds and completely shut down town. Are enough things open to enjoy?

Also, is it practical to take the ferry to Cape May and back for a day trip?

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 28
1. Re: Rehoboth for Spring Break

I think OCMD might be a better choice, alt hough Dewey Beach might fit the bill. The summer attractions won't be open but most bars and restaurants will be.

As for the ferry, it's very expensive to take a car over and back, MUCH cheaper to go as a foot passenger and use the shuttle bus (the Cape May ferry terminal is not within walking distance of the town).

Delaware
reviews: 23
2. Re: Rehoboth for Spring Break

Make sure you take the ferry on a calm day. A few years ago we went over and had a really great pleasant ride going over. Coming back next day it was rough. The ferry is not as big as an ocean liner and can bounce around a bit.

Wilmington, Delaware
3. Re: Rehoboth for Spring Break
Delaware Tourism Office What's this?

Yes - I highly recommend taking the ferry! Whenever I take a trip to the Jersey beaches I always look forward to the ferry ride. It takes 80 minutes to get from one side to the other side.

Most restaurants, bars, stores and boutique shops will be open during spring break - I would even venture to say all of them. Rehoboth Beach has become a year round destination, therefore, many of the businesses are open all year. Depending on what type of spring we have, you might not get the warmest weather - but if you're looking for a beautiful place to stroll on the beach and enjoy good food - RB is the place.

Content provided by Delaware Tourism Office: visitdelaware.com
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 36
4. Re: Rehoboth for Spring Break

Ocean City MD and Dewey Beach are more of a party scene than here in Rehoboth, so it depends on what you're looking for. A day trip to Cape May is great, but go early because this time of year, the ferries don't run late and you want to enjoy a full day over there! Be sure to make advance reservations and get there early to avoid any stress on your vacation.

Rehoboth and Dewey are only a mile apart, so if you come to either, you can enjoy both. Yes, there are enough things open to enjoy -- assuming you like to shop, stroll, eat and drink. We also have a great bike path, so you might want to rent or bring bikes.

West Hempstead, New...
5. Re: Rehoboth for Spring Break

Hi. Was just wondering if there were things for kids to do during Spring Break here? My daughter is 4 and loves to go on rides, or watch bands play. Is stuff like this open for spring break, or is it just for the summer season?

Thanks!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 36
6. Re: Rehoboth for Spring Break

Hi, Diana. There is not as much of the activities you describe during spring as summer. Playland (arcade) might be open if the weather is nice and you can check their website for the Funland (games & rides) schedule -- usually just weekends in spring.

Bethany Beach, DE
reviews: 7
7. Re: Rehoboth for Spring Break

The ferry is a great day trip!

We cross 4 or more times a month and only during storms have had a bad ride. If you get motion sick then go down and stay in the car as the car deck rocks less.

But there bar is normally open and the view is great.

Starting in April the ferry schedule changes so you can have a longer day in Cape May for a day trip.

Reply to: Rehoboth for Spring Break
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted