We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving 2013 at the Delaware Beaches

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 5
Thanksgiving 2013 at the Delaware Beaches

Where is the best place to get a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in the Delaware Beaches area. It can be dining at a restaurant or having to pick up a fully catered dinner for four people. We are a serious foodie family.

Southeastern...
reviews: 57
1. Re: Thanksgiving 2013 at the Delaware Beaches

Are you really planning ahead 13 months? Or do you mean Thanksgiving 2012?

New Jersey
reviews: 5
2. Re: Thanksgiving 2013 at the Delaware Beaches

Sorry typo 2012

Wilmington, DE
reviews: 28
3. Re: Thanksgiving 2013 at the Delaware Beaches

Well....my personal first thought would be to look into Victoria's at the Boardwalk Plaza. Good food and the dining room looks over the boardwalk.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 662
4. Re: Thanksgiving 2013 at the Delaware Beaches

Hi,

My brother's tradition is to go to Cracker Barrel (in his hometown) for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Being a chain..I would bet that ALL locations would be open since his is. Cracker Barrel does have good homestyle cooked meals & their turkey is delicious. I have not been on Thanksgiving Day, but have had it many times on their Sunday dinner. I would recommend it! Also, I know they do offer meals-to-go packages where you can pick up a family meal and take it home.

You could also check out the local diners to see IF they will be open..Rehoboth Diner, Star Diner, Long Neck Diner. Crystal Restaurant used to be open Christmas Day, so they might also be open for Thanksgiving. Give them a call ahead of time to make sure first! BUT, I would still recommend Cracker Barrel over all of these.

Hope this helps.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 36
5. Re: Thanksgiving 2013 at the Delaware Beaches

I have to disagree with daisyferret and frank-n-pat. While I've never been to Victoria's for Thanksgiving, I'm generally not all that impressed with their traditional foods. Their seafood is great, but everything else is mediocre. None of the diners mentioned would give you any sort of "foodie" experience.

Big Fish and SummerHouse both put on extraordinary spreads for Thanksgiving (and Easter and other holidays). It's a buffet, but it is smaller serving platters, so they are constantly refreshing everything and it's very very good.

This year, we also welcomed "Root" which is a gourmet market by Nage. They specialize in provided family take out meals. While I have been unimpressed by a few of the sides that we have gotten there, I think the entrees are good.

While I'm a big fan of Downtown Rehoboth, I have heard that The Buttery in Lewes does a fabulous Thanksgiving.

If you check out the Cape Gazette a couple weeks prior, I'm sure you'll find loads of suggestions there too. Out of all the ones I've tried, the Big Fish is my pick.

Enjoy your visit!

Southeastern...
reviews: 57
6. Re: Thanksgiving 2013 at the Delaware Beaches

Rehoboth Foodie gathers info on Thanksgiving meals as it comes in. He lists it in the left-hand column, under the restaurant name, on this off-season specials page:

rehobothfoodie.com/index.php/off-season-a-ho…

So far, the only info posted is for Abbot's Grill; Blue Moon (good choice for foodies); Just in Thyme (cozy, traditional). By early November, there will be lots more.

Cape Gazette has a website -- since you probably can't buy the paper copy in New Jersey. Over on the right-hand side is the web equivalent of ads; not sure whether you'll find Thanksgiving restaurant ads there or not.

Keep checking back on the Foodie. Maybe a(MUSE.) will do a Thanksgiving meal! (I could have written your review, except we ate inside and some of our small plates were different.) Thanksgiving there? Who knows, but if so, certainly Chef Hari will do a fabulous riff on the traditional dishes.

Next best places for foodies in Rehoboth would be Espuma, Eden, Nage, Henlopen City Oyster House, Lupo di Mare. Big Fish has WONderful fresh fish but not much on the menu is innovative, which is a criterion I think of when I hear "foodies." The Buttery has excellent food, too.

Hope you have a wonderful visit.

7. Re: Thanksgiving 2013 at the Delaware Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 23, 2013