We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teens Trip? OC or Rehoboth

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 8
Teens Trip? OC or Rehoboth

I was thinking of taking my daughter and 2 of her friends for a few days in November. She is turning 16. I think they would enjoy the outlets and other shopping. Is there anything else to do in Rehoboth and/or Ocean City during the 1st week of November?

Pottstown...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Teens Trip? OC or Rehoboth

Your not going to find any businesses on the boardwalk open in November. The outlets will be nice. Seawitch is happening in Rehoboth the last weekend in October. My family and I go down every year...always a fun event. Parade, kids trick or treating at night, activities during the day. Your not really going to find anything happening much once you get into November.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
2. Re: Teens Trip? OC or Rehoboth

When you want to know what to do,i wonder" such as?" Both OC and Rehoboth have online calendars for any special events planned to get tourists off season.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 28
3. Re: Teens Trip? OC or Rehoboth

In summer I would vote OCMD. In November, probably Rehoboth for the tax-free outlet shopping. The beach is the beach, so in nice weather you can always enjoy a stroll (Nov. can throw anything your way weatherwise).

Stores on the Avenue and plenty of restaurants will be open....I think Rehoboth has become more "year 'round" than OCMD.

I'd consider staying somewhere that has an indoor pool and/or spa in case the weather is nasty.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 585
4. Re: Teens Trip? OC or Rehoboth

Hi,

I would pick Rehoboth in the off season...purely because I like the small town atmosphere with the boutique shops on the Avenue. Plus the oulets will give them TONS of shopping! You can also check out 2nd St in Lewes. There is a nice theater in town...Midway Atlantic Theater. You can often catch a Matinee here if it is raining! You can always take a day trip down to OC...it is only about 1 hr away.

OC does have under 21 clubs though, like H2O where they can go to dance. There is a regular Mall in nearby Salisbury, MD. There is also a small FREE zoo in Salisbury. I enjoy it..even as an adult. In OC they can go ice skating at the small rink at the Carousel.

Not sure IF this is something your teens would like or not, but the Punkin Chunkin is the 1st week in Novemeber. It is in Bridgeville, DE (probably 45min from Rehoboth). http://www.punkinchunkin.com/ IF you go to Bridgeville, also check out TS Smith & Sons orchrard for cider and cider donuts.

You can also take a ride on the Cape May Lewes Ferry across to Cape May & back. It is a nice ride especially when the sun is setting.

Hope this helps some.

Delaware
reviews: 58
5. Re: Teens Trip? OC or Rehoboth

I would also suggest Rehoboth - shopping is much better than in OC and tax free to boot. On the weekend there should be plenty of shops still open in town and of course the restaurants are awesome. It's also very convenient to Lewes for shopping, but you would probably like that area more than the girls.

Wilmington, Delaware
6. Re: Teens Trip? OC or Rehoboth
Delaware Tourism Office What's this?

Rehoboth all the way!

Seawitch Festival is the last weekend in October - great family, fall event.

Tax free shopping at both the outlets AND the boutique store downtown. Some of my favorites (that I'm sure a teens would love) are South Moon Under, Sierra Moon, Downtown Cowgirl (womens), Tickled Pink (womens), Bella Luna (womens) and Azura (womens)

Content provided by Delaware Tourism Office: visitdelaware.com
7. Re: Teens Trip? OC or Rehoboth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 15, 2013