We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dickens Parlour Theater

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Royersford...
Dickens Parlour Theater

Discovered a gem of a theater last night. A theater like no other outside of Disney. The Dickens Parlour Theater, in Millville, DE. Website: http://www.dptmagic.com/ , it is in Millville Delaware, near Rehoboth. It is a tiny, 50 seat theater where a different magician performs weekly. The stage was beautifully decorated like a main stage of an old style theater. Gold leaf trims the stage, comfortable seating, while the staff, headed by Rich Bloch entertains and amuses you.

Before the show you can have dinner which we didn't know about, and after you can have dessert, which we did. The dining area is tastefully decorated with interesting including an antique music box with a 3 foot diameter interchangeable music disk, and a fortune telling machine. While you are having dessert, the magicians, both staff and guests, tour your tables and perform for you. We were lucky in that the visiting magician, Shawn McMaster, www.dptmagic.com/performers.php?perid=32 had a relative sitting at our table, so we got extra attention.

We had a wonderful time, and went back to the matinee the next day. This was in the Parlour room. This is hidden behind a secret door which is disguised as a bookshelf. Very intimate setting as there was seating only for about 12 people. Once again the stage was set like a Victorian era sitting room, and adorned beautifully with gold leaf. A contrast to that, and behind the stage curtain, was a teleportation machine that seems to be fully functional

It was wonderful having interactive fun with the magicians. I look forward to visiting again next time I am in the Delaware shore areas.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 28
1. Re: Dickens Parlour Theater

"a teleportation machine that seems to be fully functional".......

You didn't check it out?

Beam me up, Scottie!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 677
2. Re: Dickens Parlour Theater

This sounds great! I love magic. I will have to try to check it out. Thanks for sharing! Did you post a review & photos too? It will help other travelers.

Thanks again!

Wilmington, Delaware
3. Re: Dickens Parlour Theater
Delaware Tourism Office What's this?

thanks for the suggestion - i'm always looking for new things to do on the nights/weekends - Dickens Parlour sounds like a good stop!

Content provided by Delaware Tourism Office: visitdelaware.com
4. Re: Dickens Parlour Theater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 14, 2013