We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything work checking out in DE?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
reviews: 19
Anything work checking out in DE?

My husband and I will be driving from Rehoboth Beach, DE to DC/VA and I was wondering if there was anything worth checking out on our way West? We are in our late 20's and love seeing new things, taking pictures, food, beverages (beer/wine/etc) and are up for just about anything. Just wondering if we should stop anywhere or just cruise on through? Thanks!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 580
1. Re: Anything work checking out in DE?

Hi,

You might be interested in the Nassau Winery in Lewes or the Dogfish Head Brewery tour in Milton, DE. Not much to see out in Western Delaware in my opinion. We like the T.S. Smith & Sons Orchard in Bridgeville, DE. Their apple donuts are delicious. You can also pick up some locally made scrapple there!

Hope this helps some.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 242
2. Re: Anything work checking out in DE?

Daisyferret1~ Any reccomendations for the closet location to buy locally made scrapple near Dewey Beach/Rehoboth Beach ? Thanks in advance.....

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 580
3. Re: Anything work checking out in DE?

Hi,

Rapa Scrapple is one brand that can be bought in just about any supermarket in this region! It is made in Bridgeville, DE. Greensboro Brand is also part of the Rapa brand. Habbersett brand is also made in Delaware ( I think Bridgeville also). Kirby & Holloway scrapple is made in Dover, DE & it is available in most regular supermarkets. Hughes’ Delaware Maid Scrapple is made in Felton, DE & was featurered on the Discovery Channel's“Dirty Jobs” with Mike Rowe . It might be harder to find. I have heard that some Acme, Food Lion & Shorites carry it...so in the southern part of Delaware..I would check with Food Lion. Milton Sausage & Scrapple is also made in Delaware...check Food Lion for this brand also.

T.S. Smith & Sons opened a produce stand in the Windsor's Flowers in Lewes. Not sure IF they have the scrapple products there too or not??

Hope this helps some.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 242
4. Re: Anything work checking out in DE?

Yes, Thank You very much for all the very good info....

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 36
5. Re: Anything work checking out in DE?

I would recommend stopping on Kent Island for a break at Red Eye's Dock Bar, especially if you are driving in the early evening. It's lovely to watch the sun set there.

Edited: 10:15 pm, September 05, 2011
6. Re: Anything work checking out in DE?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rehoboth Beach