We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fractured Prune donuts

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 19
Fractured Prune donuts

We just got back from a week at Rehoboth Beach.

Had a wonderful time at Cape Henlopen State Park for the uncrowded beach, bike paths, and historical museum (Fort Miles gun emplacements used in World War II shore defense). Keep the tides in mind, lest you get grounded on a sand bar during low tide!

It was a much less hectic atmosphere than Ocean CIty MD, just down the coast where we usually go. The most overrated thing we encountered was a donut shop called the "Fractured Prune". Crowds waited half an hour just to get their order. When we tasted our donuts, the consensus among all twelve of us was that it was just a plain grocery store cake donut with some colorful stuff slathered over it. Definitely not worth the high price and long wait.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 37
1. Re: Fractured Prune donuts

Good to know. I had thought about making a trip the Fractured Prune after seeing the reviews, but it actually seemed difficult to get to, since the Rt. 1/1A split is right there. I opted for Annie's Banannies for my sweet-tooth cravings instead.

PA & lower DE
reviews: 19
2. Re: Fractured Prune donuts

Well, I'll be one person who says I think they are far from the ordinary "plain grocery store cake donut." There is a reason you had to wait 30 minutes for your donuts. I stopped there on vacation and also had to wait (about 10-15 minutes) but that was my fault for trying to go around 9 am. The earlier you get there the better. I think these donuts are AWESOME and we destroy them as soon as I bring them home. Just my opinion.

Delaware
reviews: 10
3. Re: Fractured Prune donuts

Oh, I completely agree with you, shoffy! Fractured Prune donuts are God's way of telling us He loves us and wants us to be happy. :-) I don't think it's difficult to get to at all, and totally worth the trip. Just be bold and try something fun, not the run-of-the-mill "sand" donut.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
reviews: 696
4. Re: Fractured Prune donuts

Hi,

I agree with shoffy & detravler78 as well. We love fractured prune donuts. Love how they are hot and soft. They are not just plain ordinary grocery store donuts in my opinion. They are not something I would want to eat everyday, but they are a nice treat. I also did not find the location hard to get to. It just isn't located on the main drive into downtown Rehoboth. Neither is Big Fish Grill & I have never heard anyone complain about it being hard to get to either. To each his own.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 245
5. Re: Fractured Prune donuts

Another Vote for Fractured Prune donuts, They are NOT plain ordinary donuts....They are awesome, thus the wait to get them. The entire place is unique & fun both for adults & kids.....They also have great coffee ! But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

6. Re: Fractured Prune donuts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, October 11, 2012