We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midway Speedway Park or Jungle Jims?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Midway Speedway Park or Jungle Jims?

Hi experts! This is my 2nd summer trip here with my 2 kids (3.5 and 5) We love the Pirates of Lewes, Cap Jacks Mini golf and the boardwalk!

This year want to do some new things...any suggestions for little guys? What about Midway or Jungle Jims...which is better for younger kids (who cant swim...prob wouldnt do water slides, but splash pools etc)

Anything else we shouldnt miss? Best restaurants with kids? They are pretty well behaved, not really looking for pizza etc.

Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
881 reviews
1. Re: Midway Speedway Park or Jungle Jims?

Glad you have decided to return to our area! It really is a great vacation spot for families!!

I haven't been to Midway's waterpark in ages, but from what I recall...it had 3 main waterslides. They added a lazy river and a kiddie activity area a few years back. Jungle Jim's has a kiddie pool & a wave pool in addition to waterslides,lazy river and an activity pool. I've never been to Jungle Jims' though. IF you go to their websites, you might get a better feel of what the park has. Midway's has a neat 360 view that you can take a peek at. Not sure about Jungle Jim's, but Midway offers lifevests for the little ones.

Since you have been to the area, I'm sure you are familiar with Funland. That is a definate must do with little ones. A couple places that might interest you are Dawn's Country Market on highway One in Milton & Holly Lake Campsites. Dawn's Country Market has a small farm animal area next to the market. The kids can take a peek at the animals--chickens, goat, pig, cow, etc. It doesn't cost anything. You can stop on your way in or out of town. Holly Lake Campsites (down route 24) has a petting zoo on location. I have visited it a few times even without camping there--just call ahead OR talk to the registration desk. They also have pigs, goats, turkeys & etc. IF you think the kids would be interested in seeing an old lightship, check out Lightship Overfalls in Lewes.

As far as restaurants go:

I would recommend Big Fish in Rehoboth. It is pretty family friendly. Plus they have paper tablecloths & give you a cup of crayons. That should keep the kids busy while waiting on food. They have a kid friendly menu with hot dogs, chicken fingers, spaghetti & meatball, fish sticks, meatloaf, etc. http://bigfishgrill.com

Another place that I think is pretty family friendly is the Cottage Cafe in Bethany. It is a little bit of a drive from Rehoboth (about 30 minutes south), but the food is pretty good. They also have a kids menu with burgers, fish sticks, chicken, pasta, grilled cheese, meatloaf & their DELICIOUS pot roast. IF you go, definately get the Sand Dune fries for the family to split! http://www.cottagecafe.com/

Hope this helps some!

Woodbridge, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Midway Speedway Park or Jungle Jims?

Why would anyone drive thirty minutes to Bethany with little ones when there is so much to do in Rehoboth? Doesn't sound to me like this Destination Expert qualifies as an expert.

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Midway Speedway Park or Jungle Jims?

Funny you should ask about restaurants with the kids.

We went to Jake's on Route 1 with our son, his wife and our 2 yo granddaughter last night (Just in from San Diego, they'd been thinking about seafood for weeks - seems it's overpriced and not as good out there). There were several families with kids, there was a good sized kids menu and everyone thought the seafood was good. We arrived around 5:30, were seated promptly and the greeter provided crayons, paper and a highchair. We spent $40+ per adult, including drinks and tip.

We went to Gelato Gal for dessert. YUM!

DF, you do good work here. Thanks!

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
180 reviews
4. Re: Midway Speedway Park or Jungle Jims?

Contributor daiseyferret1's suggestion for lunch or dinner in Bethany is a great one.

The ride will take you past the Delaware Seashore State Park, with it's WWII observation towers, a life saving station, and a great beach to explore and enjoy.

On the return trip, you will cross the bridge over the Indian River Inlet (right next to the new suspension bridge going in), and from the top of the bridge, looking north, you will see one of the most beautiful sights anywhere, the Delaware coastline to Rehoboth and beyond.

Great suggestion daiseyferret1, thanks.

Edited: 8:47 pm, August 16, 2011
5. Re: Midway Speedway Park or Jungle Jims?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 03, 2012